Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner

Yamaha OEM soft bags

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  DaveInWoodland 
#1 ·
Was looking at a 2017 FZ-10 at our local dealer today deciding between it and the Tenure which is a tad more bulky.

The parts guy said that Yamaha had pulled their soft bag system because the exhaust side bad was getting toasted. Kind of dumb if they never noticed that in my opinion before finalizing the design but anyway.

I don't need storage right away but something eventually, so we'll see I guess. I'm just waiting to see if they will give me the going rate on my trade but they were kind of hinky about it. Not sure why.

I have a pristine 2015 Ducati Scrambler that has low miles that another dealer already offered a 5K trade in on. I'm in no hurry but I did like the fit and ergos on the FZ-10. It fit me well.

#3 ·
No, I'm switching because I found the Scrambler to be lacking in many aspects both performance and comfort. The Scrambler is what it is and that just wasn't my speed. Never should have downsized like I did.

Big mistake on my part. Picked up my FZ-10 today and it's one of the best bikes I've owned in the last forty years.

#8 ·

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.