Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Okay I'll say something. I'm glad Yamaha showed Everyone how a real three wheeled motorcycle should look like and can actually call it a three wheel motorcycle. Unlike a sling shot calling its whatever a three wheel motorcycle. On the other hand. When I'm done on two wheels ,I'm DONE. No trikes, pick em up trucks, suv's, mini vans or even four doors for me,lol. I don't like feeing old and I'm not a family guy.So there I said it. I'm a nut shell, no NIKEN for me.:nerd:

·
Registered
182 Posts
That could be me riding one some day, my joints aren't what they used to be and those knees are getting creaky. Would be nice if I don't have to support the weight of a bike whilst still having fun carving through canyons.
But the cost of one is going to be a nightmare.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks like a fun thing to ride. If I had a chance to test-drive Niken, it would be nice, however, I'm not ready to pay the price for those 2 extra shocks. I'll stick with two wheels for now...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Having spent some time on MP3's, I love that Yamaha developed this. I can't wait to ride one, and might have to have it in the barn.

One concern that I've got is that people see this as somehow easier to ride, and that can't be farther from the truth. It's a motorcycle with extra traction up front, and takes all the inputs your FZ-10 does.

I'm afraid it will suffer from price point and the fact that people don't get it/won't buy it.. and go the way of the GTS 1000.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Having spent some time on MP3's, I love that Yamaha developed this. I can't wait to ride one, and might have to have it in the barn.

One concern that I've got is that people see this as somehow easier to ride, and that can't be farther from the truth. It's a motorcycle with extra traction up front, and takes all the inputs your FZ-10 does.

I'm afraid it will suffer from price point and the fact that people don't get it/won't buy it.. and go the way of the GTS 1000.
Supposedly it allows so much more traction that it will inspire more confidence in the twisties. It has been rated at a 45 degree lean angle so that's an indication of what it can do. I agree that people that think this is a beginner or easy to ride bike will be in for a huge surprise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts