Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Yamaha Motor Finance Corp., USA (YMFUS) has launched a new credit card program yesterday and it is now available in all Yamaha dealerships.

Initially, the YMFUS was created to focus on first time buyers or those with limited credit that banks and lenders would have rejected. By expanding their focus with this new program, they have the potential to provide financing to more than one million customers and replace the outgoing one that is 20 years old and managed by banks. Credit card financing will be in house and the financing process should be simplified for dealers when a potential customer wants to buy any model from Yamaha.

“Yamaha will maintain the key features our dealers and customers value, while providing the program directly through our captive finance company,” says Kim Ruiz, Vice-President of Yamaha Motor Corp., USA (YMUS) and President and CEO of YMFUS.

They’re even throwing in attractive financing promotions to draw in new Yamaha Motorcycle, ATV, Side-by-Side and Personal Watercraft buyers. Yamaha is offering low introductory payment, no minimum amount financed, no merchant card processing fees, and an open credit line for repeat purchases. The application for this program is easy to use and approvals can be instantaneous for qualifying customers.

A driving force behind this program could be Capital One Financial Corp, the company that was providing Yamaha’s revolving credit product. Last year, Capital One told Yamaha that they’re going to slowly phase out the product and allow existing revolving credit agreements to expire.

The actual cards will be issued by WebBank, Member FDIC and those interested can read more about it at Ultimate Motorcycling.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Not a bad option to have but too bad it will contribute to some people getting into something they shouldn't. I much rather ride something cheaper I buy with cash rather than going this route.

Hey at least when someone says tag the owner we can post this...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Had a Yamaha factory card since 1999. Comes in handy after you have one bike paid off and some thing new comes out from Yamaha you just gotta have, but the cash you don't.. Like my new FZ10. I couldn't wait till my Raider sold to get one so I put some cash down and the rest on my Yamaha card. When the Raider sells, then I pay off the FZ10. Been doing this for years. Case in point. In 2004 I wanted to buy a two up bike for mama and me to ride. We had three Yamaha's in the garage but she liked to ride two up once in awhile and our bikes were single up.So I bought a new 2004 Road star silverado I put the bike on my yamaha card. I qualified for the 0 DOWN,0 interest and 0 payments for 6 months. I only made a $17.00 interest payment per month so it wouldn't accumelate. I then stripped my 2002 Warrior of all the chrome accessories and sold them seperate .I then sold the bike finnaly two weeks before the six months was up and cut a check and paid the Road Star off before my first actual payment.. Nothing wrong with useing a CARD as long as you use it smart. This way the rich guy next door isn't the only one who can have a nice toy.:nerd:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not a bad option to have but too bad it will contribute to some people getting into something they shouldn't. I much rather ride something cheaper I buy with cash rather than going this route.
I agree - One of the things that made the GSXR a "Squids bike" was how Suzuki would sell kids bikes on revolving charge accounts who couldn't afford full coverage (for a reason). I really disliked that program, and hope yamaha never does that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts