Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed nobody really posted any un-boxing videos or anything of the sort and I found one of YouTube so I thought I would post it up :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Unpacking a brand new bike looks so satisfying. I imagine it's like peeling off the plastic film from a new TV, but longer and more exciting.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Oh god that feeling of removing factory plastic from a new tv is utter-satisfaction. But this is definitely a much more stretched out event. The only thing is, knowing my luck, I would probably lose something or do something stupid like scratch the bike whilst taking everything apart.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm surprised there's not even a layer of plastic over the bike while in the box since when preparing it for shipping in that box i'm sure its vulnerable to some extent, even if its minor, its better to be safe than sorry.

Even car makers do it on the most common entry level vehicles:

·
Registered
182 Posts
There's really no need for plastic film when the bike is encased in a box. That wrap is needed on cars because they are generally transported in the open.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It shouldn't need any coverings or anything. I agree with @Yamster

If it's in a sealed box locked to a metal frame.. it's really not going anywhere and nothing is coming into contact with it. Cars that are transported like that are typically on an open double decker trailer. Considering they'll be being transported under another vehicle, it helps as a safe measure to place plastic over the top panels.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Good point on the wrap, guess i'm OCD :D

No idea what exact vehicle is behind it but its definitely some sort of race car, front end looks LaFerrari/Enzo inspired.

·
Registered
182 Posts
It reminds me of those early day F1 race cars, everything in that garage is what dreams are made of.
That's a dealers I would trust my fz-10 with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts