Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

There’s a lot of reasons as to why someone would swap the stock FZ-10 exhaust for an aftermarket one. Maybe squeezing out a few more ponies is worth the cost or the stock exhaust is just too heavy. A more common reason, the aftermarket ones just sounds better. Whatever the case, here’s a few exhaust options what can be fitted to the FZ-10.

Akrapovic, a brand that some may see as the pinnacle of exhaust systems has something for the FZ-10. There’s the full Racing Line exhaust system which comes with a lightweight titanium and carbon-fibre muffler and those interested can go for an optional titanium link pipe. Of course, this system doesn’t come cheap, but there are more affordable options out there.

Yoshimura has four exhaust systems available, two race orientated and two are more street friendly. Their most affordable exhaust is the Street Alpha T which will sell for $579.00 each. It’s not titanium, but the stainless steel and carbon fiber end cap construction makes it durable yet lightweight.

Similarly priced is the Remus HyperCone Slip-On exhaust. Like Yoshimura, the carbon outlet cap is paired with a stainless steel sleeve for an overall weight reduction. Once on, riders can expect to see a small increase of 0,1 HP and 1,0 Nm. Seems negligible until you add on their cat replacement tube, then you’ll be seeing a 3,8 HP and 3,0 Nm increase.

There’s plenty to choose from besides the listed three. Companies like sc project, delkevic, leo vince, Austin Racing, Laser GP and more has exhaust options for the FZ-10. For an idea of what the various exhaust could sound like, take a look at the compilation video below.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Well its funny this topic came up. Just today I ordered a new Graves titanium and carbon fiber slipon for my new FZ10. Its .6lbs lighter also. I got it new for $418.00 shipped. Its a start for me. I wanted a more high tech look can. Ill probably later on get the mid pipe and a flash. Winter is coming so I got other big fish to fry around the house,LOl. But I think its also a good looking slipon. Here is a pic of their slipon on a black FZ10.

Attachments

Reactions: glenh2nd

·
Registered
306 Posts
Just installed my new Graves slipon. It's slightly louder than the stock exhaust muffler. Definitely deeper sounding. Also deeper and louder after 6k rpms. That's when the exup valve fully opens Up I believe. I also like how the lettering matches the color of my rims. Very happy with this high tech slipon look.

Attachments

Reactions: glenh2nd

·
Registered
89 Posts
$418.00 is pretty cheap for a titanium slip on and Graves is starting to come out with more fz-10 mods too. Think they have block off plates for it now. I do like how a Remus would look with the fz-10 body, but I've always like the sound of a Yoshi.

·
Registered
89 Posts
For anyone interested, the R1 Yoshimura Alpha T exhaust is compatible with the 2017 Yamaha FZ-10/MT-10. Can't really tell if it's the street or race model.

·
Registered
16 Posts
SO i ordered a Danmoto 2 weeks ago and just received it today, i got the slip-on and cat eliminator pipe for otd $280! i havent installed it yet and i was seeing if anyone else had thoughts on danmoto or have one they installed? ill share pics and video once i get everything installed :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just received a danmoto slip-on and cat eliminator out the door and shipping for $280! Haven't yet installed it but I will share pics and video of how it looks and sounds. Does anyone have opinions on danmoto slip-on products?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Never tried danmoto slip-on products before, but I've read reviews on it and they're generally pretty loud once you start moving, not so much when idling. I'm eagerly awaiting your review and sound video!

Also, seems like Graves Motorsports now has a full titanium performance exhaust system for the FZ-10.

·
Registered
182 Posts
That's probably not for the average FZ-10 rider since the exhaust system eliminates the stock OEM catalytic converter making it illegal to ride around on public roads. A full 5-10% increase in Torque and Power across the engine’s entire power band sounds good, but the FZ-10 isn't really a track only bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That Graves system is sweet, I am thinking of going that route.

I was hoping Ivan would come out with a flash for it soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey all. Just picked up my gray/highlighter last Wednesday. Going to do the ecu flash on Wednesday at Marietta Motorsports (GA). Then to decide what exhaust. I have been leaning towards the Graves 3/4.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts