Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Administrator
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Share what you did today with the Yamaha FZ-10 community!

Example: Took my FZ-10 in to service today for an oil change. Can't wait till she gets broken in.

Example: Gave the Fz-10 a ncie wash followed by a coat of wax for protection.

Example: installed a new windscreen and weighted bar ends. The windscreen makes a huge difference at higher speeds.

Anything goes.... :wink2:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just finished unpacking my new tie downs ... I'm towing my beast to the Dragon Monday(Same place they made all the videos of FZ-10. I'll be riding Tue,We,Thur when there's not too many cops around.Of course, I do have a radar detector with ear plug.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Put on swing arm spools . First chain adjustment and talked to her about getting her a new SLIPON,>:)

·
Registered
306 Posts
I flashed my ECU. Although I haven't had a chance to ride it since it was flashed.

Dave
So how was the FZ10 ECU flash working out?

I had my Warrior's ECU flashed and it was buttery smmother.

I had my Stryker's ECU flashed and it was noticeable and ran smoother.

I had my Raiders ECU flashed and wasn't impressed.

I had my Hyundai veloster R Spec turbos ECU reflashed and was VERY impressed!!

I had my new Hyundai Genesis's 3.8 ECU flashed and wasn't impressed

Might get the FZ10's ECU flashed, but first I like to hear if its worth it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Installed an integrated tail light and got rid of the fender. I bought a couple FE kits and none of them fit (Puig kits) so I fabricated some aluminum brackets for the license plate. Planning on upgrading the brake lines next to steal braided, the stock brakes feel very spongy.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I just finished unpacking my new tie downs ... I'm towing my beast to the Dragon Monday(Same place they made all the videos of FZ-10. I'll be riding Tue,We,Thur when there's not too many cops around.Of course, I do have a radar detector with ear plug.
So how was your Dragon trip. I'm due for some new toy pics at the Dragon with the FZ10. I'm only 99.7 miles from it any way. But I can't stop rideing Blood MTN since I'm only six miles from that coaster ride road,lol.

·
Registered
269 Posts
So how was the FZ10 ECU flash working out?

I had my Warrior's ECU flashed and it was buttery smmother.

I had my Stryker's ECU flashed and it was noticeable and ran smoother.

I had my Raiders ECU flashed and wasn't impressed.

I had my Hyundai veloster R Spec turbos ECU reflashed and was VERY impressed!!

I had my new Hyundai Genesis's 3.8 ECU flashed and wasn't impressed

Might get the FZ10's ECU flashed, but first I like to hear if its worth it?
All those flashes, sounds like a lightning storm.. :wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
172 Posts
So how was your Dragon trip. I'm due for some new toy pics at the Dragon with the FZ10. I'm only 99.7 miles from it any way. But I can't stop rideing Blood MTN since I'm only six miles from that coaster ride road,lol.
In for hearing about this as well, hopefully on one wiped out while GaBoy was their. Never been to the dragon before (don't ask why), seen a lot of video coverage and heard stories... it hasn't exactly been the most friendly road.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Installed an integrated tail light and got rid of the fender. I bought a couple FE kits and none of them fit (Puig kits) so I fabricated some aluminum brackets for the license plate. Planning on upgrading the brake lines next to steal braided, the stock brakes feel very spongy.

Your definitely not the first person I seen talk about the brakes like that. Give it another 3-6 months and I have a good feeling we'll see more and more of it pop up here. Might be worthy enough of a thread on its own... that alone should get people talking.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You'd think they give us better stock brakes, but I guess the fz-10 demographic are the type to just change them out anyways.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Installed 40mm drop down passenger peg mounts and black round pegs after work today.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Installed a fender eliminator
Sweet.

Hopefuly cops won't give you trouble for it since some are picky enough that they'll suggest it isn't easily viewable.

Have you heard about cops giving riders trouble for fender eliminators? Because living in the city it happens, especially as you get closer to the end of the month.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Which ones did you mount? The Rizoma ones?
Not sure the make.Got them on ebay. You then Choose your color. They are very stout and well made. No cheap stuff.

I looked it up on ebay.
FRW CNC 6C 40mm

That should get you going.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I installed the OES frame sliders on my FZ10 after work. I also got the Graves block off plates today, but I'll install them later on when I get the mid pipe. Also waiting for my blaster trick tail light to get here.

Reactions: Yamster

·
Registered
182 Posts
Always good to install sliders in case anything happens. I think Woodcraft has an engine cover for the FZ-10.
Looking forward to pictures of the blaster trick tail light after installation.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts