Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took her out to the track last weekend and had a bit of fun.
my buddy has some good footage of me as he was chasing me around on his R1, I'll post that up when I get it from him.

·
Registered
306 Posts
took her out to the track last weekend and had a bit of fun.
my buddy has some good footage of me as he was chasing me around on his R1, I'll post that up when I get it from him.

Good job!

Reactions: racer172

·
Registered
385 Posts
Great pictures! While my track days are over I appreciate being able to live vicariously through everyone else. I am content to take it a bit slower and explore the country roads that are prevalent in my area. That tire also looks like it's wearing perfectly.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Video Footage added

here's some footage from the trackday above
onboard camera from my buddy's R1, took him a while to get by me :grin2: we were riding in the A group

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tires

Fun! What tires were you using?
Those were (and still are on my bike) the OEM Bridgestones. Still on the original front. The rear I put a fresh one on just before going to the track, the model had changed slightly since I had bought the bike, the rear that was available to me was a Bridgestone S21R. These OEM tires have more than enough grip to ride this bike on the track. I'm a roadracer and I pushed this bike pretty hard out there and had no grip issues, it left with with full confidence in traction. My biggest issue was how awkward the high/wide handlebars felt on the track. I'm used to it on the street & canyons but it didn't feel right on the track to me.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Quite impressed that with how hard you pushed this bike that the OEM tires still held up. I will probably track it a few times a season and don't want to spend more than I need to. This among many other reasons should be why we see more people flock to the FZ10.. most guys I know want a near complete street/part time track setup out of the box.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Wouldn't make sense to switch handlebars constantly to match the roads you're riding on. With how hard you're riding the FZ-10, how often do you think you'll need to change for fresh ones?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wouldn't make sense to switch handlebars constantly to match the roads you're riding on. With how hard you're riding the FZ-10, how often do you think you'll need to change for fresh ones?
Change tires?
I'm still on the original front and the fresh rear I put on for this trackday is still on the bike with lots of life left. Keeping in mind that the bike doesn't get ridden very much, I have 3 bikes so I kind of rotate for the type of riding I want to do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts