Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
That's 164mph. Fast enough for me. Of course the speedo could be off by 3mph at that speed slower. Its one mph optimistic fast at 100 mph according to my gps. Still over 160 on a naked bike is enough,lol.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol I think 160mph on any bike is enough ! Don't get me wrong, I love my speed and all. But there is definitely a time and place, and majority of the time I'll be riding, it is not in the place nor the right time haha !

·
Registered
172 Posts
You need to have balls made out of steel to be doing that on the typical north american roads and a good life insurance policy. but that's not something i'll expect to see often from this community, instead from guys running full on liter sport bikes. cool video though.

·
Registered
210 Posts
This is definitely a next level of fearlessness. I envy people that can do that but not really my cup of tea. I'll go for short spurts here and there but that's all you'll catch me doing lol.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I lived In flat boring fla for 28 years. 20 years was in south Fla the flatest areas. I had both cruisers and sport bikes. Cruisers made more sence for rideing the long flat roads.lol. but if you owned a sport bike those long straits were begging for lots of top speed runs. Every weekend me and my friends rode we were 160+ mph ! Seriously you start to get use to it.lol. the last time I did a wide open top speed test run was with my old ,then new modified 2006 pearl white busa. I had a bunch of the usual boltons, brocks top speed limiter. Then I dropped it off at a well known speed shop in Jacksonville fla . Three weeks later me and a bunch of friends rode all the way there from ocala fla. $3,500.00 bucks more in internal mods we headed back. We had a mix of two busas,one R1 , cbr1000rr, zx10, 2 gixer1000's . Got on a few long straits before I really kept my busa wide open. I blew past them all. At those speeds side winds are just one of the many scary things to watch for. When we pulled over for gas of course they wanted to see my GPS number.206mph! I was still shakeing.lol.I've seen 180mph many times. But seen 206mph only once. Only had the busa 6 more months and went back to a new 2006 FZ1. I haven't seen over 155 mph since then, even in my sports cars. Adrenaline probably would give me a heart attack at my age, gonna be 60 in may.lol.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I lived In flat boring fla for 28 years. 20 years was in south Fla the flatest areas. I had both cruisers and sport bikes. Cruisers made more sence for rideing the long flat roads.lol. but if you owned a sport bike those long straits were begging for lots of top speed runs. Every weekend me and my friends rode we were 160+ mph ! Seriously you start to get use to it.lol. the last time I did a wide open top speed test run was with my old ,then new modified 2006 pearl white busa. I had a bunch of the usual boltons, brocks top speed limiter. Then I dropped it off at a well known speed shop in Jacksonville fla . Three weeks later me and a bunch of friends rode all the way there from ocala fla. $3,500.00 bucks more in internal mods we headed back. We had a mix of two busas,one R1 , cbr1000rr, zx10, 2 gixer1000's . Got on a few long straits before I really kept my busa wide open. I blew past them all. At those speeds side winds are just one of the many scary things to watch for. When we pulled over for gas of course they wanted to see my GPS number.206mph! I was still shakeing.lol.I've seen 180mph many times. But seen 206mph only once. Only had the busa 6 more months and went back to a new 2006 FZ1. I haven't seen over 155 mph since then, even in my sports cars. Adrenaline probably would give me a heart attack at my age, gonna be 60 in may.lol.
Holy bonkers :surprise:

Hat tip off to you my friend, that requires some serious test levels lol. But 206mph in just mind blasting. I can only imagine the thousands upon thousands of variables that can make things get real ugly there. But that Busa definitely sounds like a beast from the underworld.

·
Registered
182 Posts
130 is the most I've gone on public roads, side winds and wind in general at those speeds makes me feel unsteady. Once you get off the bike after riding at high speeds, you tend to be a bit shaky especially in the hands. You sir, have balls of steel.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Holy bonkers :surprise:

Hat tip off to you my friend, that requires some serious test levels lol. But 206mph in just mind blasting. I can only imagine the thousands upon thousands of variables that can make things get real ugly there. But that Busa definitely sounds like a beast from the underworld.
Your rite about the variable s. The thing about the Busa if you ever rode one is this. No other pure sport bike felt like it stuck to the pavement like the Busa . The Busa seems to all of a sudden become rock steady from 150 mph on. I'm sure a ZX1400R might feel the same way, I never riden one. But that Busa loved very high speeds for sure.

·
Registered
306 Posts
130 is the most I've gone on public roads, side winds and wind in general at those speeds makes me feel unsteady. Once you get off the bike after riding at high speeds, you tend to be a bit shaky especially in the hands. You sir, have balls of steel.

Yes those wind gusts are scary. Them moto GP riders must be use to it? Oh I think my balls were pressed way up in my stomic area..lol.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Moto GP guys can hit excessive speeds on track, Rossi managed to hit 249.76 km/h (155.19 mph). Those guys are nuts.

If I'm rite, Rossi and others have hit speeds of over 320 kilometers or 198mph+. I could swear I seen them at certain long tracks.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Moto GP guys can hit excessive speeds on track, Rossi managed to hit 249.76 km/h (155.19 mph). Those guys are nuts.

If I'm rite, Rossi and others have hit speeds of over 320 kilometers? I could swear I seen they at certain long tracks.

I just looked it up and the recent record was over 350 kilometers, which is just over 217 mph.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Racers will be able to hit the fz-10's speed limit and probably not feel a thing. For the rest of us, I think 160 is fast enough.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Lol so I guess you had a heavy stomach then ;)

But never rode a busa before. Any specific tires you ran on them ??
I believe I had tires rated at 186+mph ,Y rateing? ' **** if I remember. Lol.

·
Registered
306 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts