Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had posted an earlier thread on a video in my area where a rider went down badly on the freeway after experiencing a sever wobble.

After that story it started to appear that this is a well known problem that the motor company has not responded to over time.

Many lawsuits and injuries have occurred as well as the California Highway Patrol failing the testing at one point of the models they rode before deciding on a fleet purchase.

Sure it happens to other bikes too but this predominately seems to be an issue with a easily fixable resolution. Steering dampeners.

If you or a friend are riding one of the baggers from really any company, HD, Yamaha Bolt, Kawasaki, Honda etc etc. consider recommending a steering dampener to prevent disaster.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Good point DIW.

No doubt if you're not riding a high performance bile like we ride, investigating a good aftermarket steering damper/stabilizer is a must. No need on the 2016-17 FZ-10 as all this is mechanized through the central computer .

My 0.02₵, I've always been told by my moto mechanic that improperly balanced front and rear shocks is usually the cause for "head shake" or "wheel wobble". This of course is done by letting the mechanic know what type of riding that you primarily do and then properly adjusting the "shock's sag" at front and rear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts