Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any good ways to get the stickers off this thing? Most importantly the warning sticker on the tank. I was going to peel but it started leaving goop. Afraid to put any stuff on it. Any tips?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think tree sap remover is good for the leftover goop once the sticker is gone, it worked on my car but not sure about motorcycles. Maybe heat the sticker a bit with a hairdryer to loosen the glue.

·
Registered
172 Posts
There's a product called Goo Gone which can be easily found at you local automotive parts stores. Maybe even motorcycle stores, but automotive stores are much more common.

·
Registered
269 Posts
There's a specific automotive goo gone as well. The regular one can be too harsh. Just put a bit on a microfiber and start rubbing away. Take a little polishing compound after and buff the area a bit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got mine off in 5 secs with a hairdryer and then used Honda spray polish to clean up the residue and Walaa gone for good!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I got mine off in 5 secs with a hairdryer and then used Honda spray polish to clean up the residue and Walaa gone for good!!
And this my friends is how you save a trip, $, and a good amount of time. Thank you for making this super simple for everyone :grin2:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Plastic sticker scraper to get it started then peal slowly. There will be a small amount of residue where you started the peal and at the end. WD-40 or goo gone and a microfiber towel will remove the residue on a few wipes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts