Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been riding sport bikes for about 5 years. Gonna give the super naked’s a shot now. Love my new MT10! Any tips?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome aboard Warren. In my 40 years of riding I have owned dozens of bikes. Just about every type from just about every manufacturer and I can tell you I've never had as much fun as I'm having with my FZ-10. So my tip? Find time to ride as much as possible. That bike is superbly well engineered and it does just as well on a thousand-mile road trip as it does whipping you around the track. Enjoy!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Same here, 40+ rideing years and 30 bikes later I'm loving my 2017 FZ10. Only got one mod left, the active tuner after I send my ECU back to 2wheeldynoworks to reactivate my left O2 sensor wire. Otherwise I've been real carbon fibering the **** out of my FZ10 for spring time. Welcome aboard.

Reactions: fjrchuck

·
Registered
45 Posts
Same here, 40+ rideing years and 30 bikes later I'm loving my 2017 FZ10. Only got one mod left, the active tuner after I send my ECU back to 2wheeldynoworks to reactivate my left O2 sensor wire. Otherwise I've been real carbon fibering the **** out of my FZ10 for spring time. Welcome aboard.
We’re gunna need pics of the all the carbon fiber bro!!!:laugh:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Are you planning to keep all the carbon fiber exposed or eventually going to throw some color scheme over it whether that's partial or the entire thing? To be honest I think this will be a great way to complement it and the cheapest finishing touch.

·
Registered
306 Posts
We’re gunna need pics of the all the carbon fiber bro!!!:laugh:
Are you planning to keep all the carbon fiber exposed or eventually going to throw some color scheme over it whether that's partial or the entire thing? To be honest I think this will be a great way to complement it and the cheapest finishing touch.
I have three more covers to do. Got one coming in next week. This real carbon fiber stuff ain't cheap. Pluss I'm getting real carbon fiber stuff for my new Hyundai Veloster R Spec . Only thing im not getting for the FZ10 is the carbon fiber rims. Maybe before I retire,lol. They very expensive.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Since the panels are real carbon fiber, perhaps you'll wrap it in a protective layer? If those were mine, a scratch would break my heart.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I bet there's some nice clear film out there that will not only protect it but at the same time give it a look that we long needed to see.

·
Registered
306 Posts
All of the carbon fiber covers ,fender,panels are clear coated UV protection. Got two to go. But just finished my Veloster R Spec with the carbon fiber stuff. Got a couple of months before spring starts. Just trying to get the car done too. Still have to also get the active tune. $$$$$$$$$.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts