Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally picked up my new FZ10 from Honda/Yamaha of Redlands! Drive home in the 43 degree rainy weather! Can't wait to get this beast broke in.

Traded in my '13 FZ8 for this bad boy... only 4lbs heavier, but a ton more power!>:)

·
Registered
182 Posts
At least now you have experience handling the FZ10 in the rain. Congrats on the new bike! How's it compare to your old '13 FZ8?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rain didn't effect it at all... good tires and taking it easy - no issues!

The FZ10 feels lighter and more agile for some reason. The FZ10 is a few pounds heavier but sits a little higher and the seating position is more upright. The power difference is ridiculous... I haven't broke-in the bike yet... but so far the power delivery is similar but it comes on a helluva a lot harder and quicker. Still getting use to the sound of the motor on the FZ10. Braking is about the same, both were great. The upgraded technology I am still getting use to... but loving it so far. The instrument cluster is bright and easy to read with lots of information.

I was really comfortable on the FZ8... so I look forward to getting that comfortable on this bike.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You'll get used to the power delivery over time and by then the break in period will be over and you can open up the bike on a long stretch of road. :grin2:

It's probably more agile because of the chassis which Yamaha took straight off the R1.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Over 600 miles and first oil change is done... opened that beast up and it is AMAZING! The power, all the way through, is strong and predicable... still getting use to the touchy throttle. But I am use to the power delivery. Love this bike!

Still riding in the California "Winter". Hahaha

·
Registered
210 Posts
Heard the throttle was smooth. Well, I guess it's smooth compared to the R1..

That definitely is one darn beautiful bike though. Plan on making any changes ??

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't compare it to the R1... but I can compare it to the FZ8. Maybe its just the increased power and that it is more responsive... either way, it will take a little more getting use to.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Heard the throttle was smooth. Well, I guess it's smooth compared to the R1..

That definitely is one darn beautiful bike though. Plan on making any changes ??
No major changes planned... fender eliminator (yoshi), frame sliders (Woodcraft) and recently been looking at eliminating the cat with an exhaust system. But **** is that pricey.

I would also like to adjust the suspension... but that is a scary task.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Well, the stock suspension is fully adjustable. But ti could prove daunting if you've never done it before. That's what Google and these forums are for!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Installed the Yoshimura Fender Eliminator Kit... great looking kit, well built and straight forward installation. Cleans up the rear end nicely!

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Very clean look and the positioning shouldn't get you in trouble with the cops, even at the angle they'll be looking at it from an SUV, all the numbers will be easily visible. Ever got bothered by cops for running an eliminator?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very clean look and the positioning shouldn't get you in trouble with the cops, even at the angle they'll be looking at it from an SUV, all the numbers will be easily visible. Ever got bothered by cops for running an eliminator?
I never have been hassled over an eliminator... I've had friends that mounted the plate under the tail that were tagged. But never for a kit like this... looks stock.

·
Registered
89 Posts
It makes the rear look more compact as all the lights are concentrated in one area instead of sticking out. And cops don't care so long as you have the proper lights and registration.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Proper lighting and plate visibility are the main things. Majority of people, like you said @TroyKrum , get hassled because the plates are tucked away somewhere. I've had a few friends that thought of stupid ways to mount their plates that basically left the plate parallel to the ground and they get hassled all the time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Finally kicked it into B Mode... and its exactly what I expected the bike to be like from the beginning. Love it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts