Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got together with two different groups here in Portland over the weekend and hit the twisties, that's what I did to my bike. :)

Also, pulled my first wheelie, so that was exciting. Traction control set at 2, 60 mph hard roll on in 3rd gear, and right about 9000rpm that front wheel just comes right up HAHAHAHAHA.

I'm wheelie challenged, so it was pretty exciting. Managed to set it down mostly gently and continue on my way.

My ass is sore (definitely need the comfort seat), and there's pretty much no more chicken strips on the tires. No road tax and no crashes. All in all, a successful weekend. I've had the bike for less than a month and already have 1250 miles on it. Can't wait for riding season to actually get here and get some nice weekends for a change.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Got together with two different groups here in Portland over the weekend and hit the twisties, that's what I did to my bike. :)

Also, pulled my first wheelie, so that was exciting. Traction control set at 2, 60 mph hard roll on in 3rd gear, and right about 9000rpm that front wheel just comes right up HAHAHAHAHA.

I'm wheelie challenged, so it was pretty exciting. Managed to set it down mostly gently and continue on my way.

My ass is sore (definitely need the comfort seat), and there's pretty much no more chicken strips on the tires. No road tax and no crashes. All in all, a successful weekend. I've had the bike for less than a month and already have 1250 miles on it. Can't wait for riding season to actually get here and get some nice weekends for a change.
I hear ya bro. I forget when I pass a cager on the short straight passing lanes how the front end comes up so graceful a few inches till I let off and the front comes down and you get that ever so slight Handel bar shimmy till the elec steering damper kicks in. Then I say, holy crap I did a little wheelie .lol. Gotta love the TQ on this bike.It litterly sneaks up on you.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have more fun then should be legal at my age on my FZ and acceleration wheelies. First and second no problem at all, 3rd surprised me considering the slight lift at about 90MPH. I don't think I've ever had more fun on any one motorcycle.

Thankfully I am blessed with deserted rural country roads and almost no driveways or intersections where I will "open" it up.

I may be old, but I'm not old & stupid :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts