Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a wide spread of fuel milage ranging from mid 20's to almost 40 MPG. Is anyone getting mid to high 30's here?

I average 42 MPG on my R1. This is mostly commuting with burst's of full throttle. I drop to about 38 when riding hard on switchbacks in the mountains, which still seems very good though.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have read a wide spread of fuel milage ranging from mid 20's to almost 40 MPG. Is anyone getting mid to high 30's here?

I average 42 MPG on my R1. This is mostly commuting with burst's of full throttle. I drop to about 38 when riding hard on switchbacks in the mountains, which still seems very good though.
First bike I ever owned that gets better gas mileage at 80mph highway speeds than country rideing. Hopeing a ECU reflash and dyno tune will clean it up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The highest I've gotten is 33mpg with easy riding, been getting under 30mpg wit slight aggressive driving. I hope it starts going up around 36 would be great, I got less than 3000 miles on the bike so far.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Luckily, the FZ-10 has a sizable 4.5 gal tank. No idea how people are getting high 30s as it was estiamted to have a fuel economy of 30 mpg.

·
Registered
306 Posts
My average mpg reader says 34.3 mpg . I haven't zeroed it out for about 1,000 miles. It's always between 34.2-34.7 . I think that is pretty accurate. I'm usually in 6th gear asap.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Really depends on what kind of riding you do more of, a lot of stop and go or freeway riding. I assume you do more freeway riding compared to city Yammyboy113?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Really depends on what kind of riding you do more of, a lot of stop and go or freeway riding. I assume you do more freeway riding compared to city Yammyboy113?

I live in the mountians. 90% of my rideing is in my mountain's. Like I said before, I get better gas mileage on the long high ways doing 80mph. I ride 487 miles home from the dealer and averaged 38.4 mpg at speeds of 70-90mph.

Reactions: WTTBC

·
Registered
182 Posts
You basically rode the suggested break in mileage in one day. :grin2: That means your 38.4 mpg average will probably be the norm for you.

·
Registered
210 Posts
487 miles home from the dealer. That is phenomenal! I can imagine being on real long stretches at a constant, it makes sense why your getting that mileage. The average person is riding around with more stop and go which makes sense as to why the average is closer to the early thirties.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts