Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm not too sure if it works with the purple. I think if it were black or something, the yellow would flow no problem. I'm not too fond of the yellow by the headlights though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not a fan of the color combination... but like to see the contrast. Also a bit too flashy for my taste. I like the black kickstand and fuel cap!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Don't like this at all but what i really want to see is an FZ-10 in a black/carbon fiber/sand color scheme, to this effect:

At that point it will look like its ready to eat ducati's for dinner

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not a fan of the color combination... but like to see the contrast. Also a bit too flashy for my taste. I like the black kickstand and fuel cap!
:grin2: It's the small things in life that completes a FZ-10. I think you can easily paint those yourself or have them powder coated for cheap.

·
Registered
55 Posts
:grin2: It's the small things in life that completes a FZ-10. I think you can easily paint those yourself or have them powder coated for cheap.
I was just looking at this today on the way to work... adding some color to the gas cap wouldn't be too difficult. Give me a little time... the bike is still too new. Hahaha

·
Registered
172 Posts
It might hep to take inspiration from some builds by official bike makers, shops, etc. Usually those guys have good taste in bringing new colors and ideas to a design.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Or just look through custom bike show galleries and you''ll find a great array or ideas and custom projects and what not. They usually get my ideas flowing enough to the point where I get up, walk out to the garage, and then realize I don't have a lick of talent and go back inside...

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'd like to see someone doing a matte chrome wrap or something on one. Or someone, obviously with a lot of bank, re-make all the panels in carbon fiber.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Or just look through custom bike show galleries and you''ll find a great array or ideas and custom projects and what not. They usually get my ideas flowing enough to the point where I get up, walk out to the garage, and then realize I don't have a lick of talent and go back inside...

Add to that the lack of capital and then all of those hopes and dreams go right out the window haha

The FZ-10 has been stirring up some good interest so far, so as time goes on maybe we'll see something happen. So far there's this one guy series about his FZ, can't wait to see what else will be done:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Add to that the lack of capital and then all of those hopes and dreams go right out the window haha

The FZ-10 has been stirring up some good interest so far, so as time goes on maybe we'll see something happen. So far there's this one guy series about his FZ, can't wait to see what else will be done:
I try to reserve that for the second attempt at a trip outside to the garage :wink2:

But darn, this bike looks so gorgeous stretched. That being said almost any bike looks gorgeous stretched but this one more-so lol. I really want to see how wild it's going to get it. Maybe a fatter rear wheel ?!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I try to reserve that for the second attempt at a trip outside to the garage :wink2:

But darn, this bike looks so gorgeous stretched. That being said almost any bike looks gorgeous stretched but this one more-so lol. I really want to see how wild it's going to get it. Maybe a fatter rear wheel ?!
i disagree that all bikes look good stretched out, better than stock, yes, but not always better looking overall. The FZ-10 is a good example of a bike that still looks well proportioned even stretched out. Along with that the aggressive design it has going on aids in that looks.

Bikes with not nearly as aggressive designs don't do as well.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No matter the bike, I just don't like the stretched aesthetics and you lose maneuverability when you stretch a bike. Not worth the trade-off IMO, but if straight sprints are what you're into then by all means.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have seen a lot of bikes stretched and I've disliked them. There are a few that do really strike a chord with me, but it really depends on the bike. That's just in terms of aesthetics. The losing maneuverability is another thing but there are different levels of stretch you can go. If you're building a bike with a good amount of power and a fat tire to lay the power down, then odds are you'll probably be going stretched.

For example, this to me.. looks pretty darn silly.

·
Registered
172 Posts
One thing for sure is you won't see these often on curvy roads where riders are trying to lean a lot and testing their knees. But once you head into Atlanta, New York, etc. right into the city core then you start to see them pop up. That or at the 1320.

Not for everyone but it has its place.

Some do it just for looks which is perfectly fine. Not everyone rides like they're in Moto GP.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts