Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you have to have opinions and ideas outside of our beloved FZ-10, lets sit down and have a beer or cup of your favorite beverage and discuss them.

I'm often curious if we have members from outside the USA since they often have different views of current events or other opinions on various topics that often will be enlightening or just another perspective to consider.

So I'll start. My topic is: "Removing historic items"

Personally I am completely against erasing any history and think it's ridiculous and ignorant to do so. I am much more afraid of the people that would do so vs. any group that wants to preserve history.

Good, bad it's our history and trying to erase it is criminal in my opinion. How about you?

·
Registered
17 Posts
touchy

I am from Canada.
From I have seen on other forumsd,it is preferable to limit the discussions to the bikes:politics attracts all kind of extremists...just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am from Canada.
From I have seen on other forumsd,it is preferable to limit the discussions to the bikes:politics attracts all kind of extremists...just my 2 cents...
Just so you're aware the definition of Off Topic is:

off-top·ic
ADJECTIVE
(especially of posts on an Internet message board) not relevant to the subject in question:
"his second comment is entirely off-topic" ·

This is a community and in being so the discussions should reflect that. By what you're saying is that when you gather together all you talk about is one thing? How incredibly boring is that?

·
Registered
114 Posts
So I'll start. My topic is: "Removing historic items"

Personally I am completely against erasing any history and think it's ridiculous and ignorant to do so. I am much more afraid of the people that would do so vs. any group that wants to preserve history.

Good, bad it's our history and trying to erase it is criminal in my opinion. How about you?
I agree, unless the historical object was created or installed to celebrate inhumane ideals. Removing statues of the authors of the Declaration of Independence is just ignorant. These people are taking for granted our freedoms and liberties that the founding fathers established. If they don't like it here, they are FREE to leave, and go to North Korea or Iran. See how that turns out for them.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just sent you my opinion,the members will respond (or not ) to your request,time will tell.
Opinions are great that's what is fun to discuss, having the thought that Off Topic should be FZ-10 related only is not an opinion it is misinformed. Sorry but forum Off Topic areas are designed just for what I posted.

I guess if that's not your thing that's ok and don't view it if desired but the subject matter of discussions and "off topics" can be anything NOT related to the FZ-10.

I'm done trying to enlighten you now. Thank you.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree, unless the historical object was created or installed to celebrate inhumane ideals. Removing statues of the authors of the Declaration of Independence is just ignorant. These people are taking for granted our freedoms and liberties that the founding fathers established. If they don't like it here, they are FREE to leave, and go to North Korea or Iran. See how that turns out for them.
My concern too is where will it end? Now they are trying to eradicate statues of Christopher Columbus etc. What happens if a street name, or other historical item is deemed "offensive". Are we going to eradicate everything out there because someone is "offended".

That'll be a long list. For example let's take "Wall Street" in New York. Won't that be offensive to someone? How about "Long Island Sound" maybe that's offensive to a hearing impaired individual. You get my drift. I agree with what you stated as well.

One of my favorite tee shirts I wear has a picture of the American Flag on it and under neath it says:

"If you're offended, I'll help you pack" sums up pretty much how I feel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts