Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually just visit this specific FZ-10 forum since others can be a bit over the top Admin wise. I just recently went back to one I hadn't really looked at for awhile and I was greeted with a pop up saying
"You've looked at 28 posts but haven't posted anything yourself, why not?"

It was an odd thing to have pop up but I guess that's the price you pay when a forum is free. It's just kind of seemed a bit odd to me.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I usually just visit this specific FZ-10 forum since others can be a bit over the top Admin wise. I just recently went back to one I hadn't really looked at for awhile and I was greeted with a pop up saying
"You've looked at 28 posts but haven't posted anything yourself, why not?"

It was an odd thing to have pop up but I guess that's the price you pay when a forum is free. It's just kind of seemed a bit odd to me.

Anyone else?
Never had dat happen to me

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had that happen on another FZ forum, just lurking and it said "You've read 5 different topics, why not register?"

I found that kind of odd, lol.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think a few car and moto sites do the same too, but I usually ignore those. As far as I know, this site doesn't really push notifications like that.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I would imagine it's related to the potential money made from throwing ads on a new thread you could be making, if you joined.
yup often for these guys its just the bottom line otherwise they would just let things play out however it happens like with any community run by actual enthusiasts

when things are too forced its never a good thing, might be why Facebook groups have been doing well.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Even Facebook does this, i think its fair enough that these sites require people to sign up at some point and eventually most of the serious people do. Plus they have to get money coming in...light have to say on some how.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Too funny!!! I got sick of the crap. I was a moderator. Deleted my account completely the day the Admin posted on the Sister FB that he was gonna let the page expire if people didn't start posting there instead of the FB page. He deleted the FB post pretty quick but that was the last straw for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Too funny!!! I got sick of the crap. I was a moderator. Deleted my account completely the day the Admin posted on the Sister FB that he was gonna let the page expire if people didn't start posting there instead of the FB page. He deleted the FB post pretty quick but that was the last straw for me.
Funny, I was a fellow moderator along with you on that other fz10 forum. The crap you describe, you were a moderator on that forum and helped build that site, right?. You enforced policy and moved posts so if there was any crap there, you were part of it.

I actually like that forum alot and I never noticed you raising any complaints or issues. You seemed to be pretty tight with the admin there actually, did you even talk to the admin before just deleting everything and leaving?

In fact, i think you once had some issues on the R-1 forum too, right?

Maybe the crap is your own? Because as a moderator I haven't seen anyone get banned, or any arguments or any drama at all.

-------------------------------
I have never seen these pop up messages on the other fz10 forum, but I'm usually logged in when I visit. But I'd rather that a forum invite visitors to join with a pop up then just bombard members with spam emails constantly like alot of forums do. I just left Thumper talk forum because of spam emails always hitting my inbox.

This is a good forum too. Just spend most my time on the other forum because it has SSL security and my work computers require any site that I visit to be ssl secured. I work way too much.

Who actually owns this forum?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Funny, I was a fellow moderator along with you on that other fz10 forum. The crap you describe, you were a moderator on that forum and helped build that site, right?. You enforced policy and moved posts so if there was any crap there, you were part of it.

I actually like that forum alot and I never noticed you raising any complaints or issues. You seemed to be pretty tight with the admin there actually, did you even talk to the admin before just deleting everything and leaving?

In fact, i think you once had some issues on the R-1 forum too, right?

Maybe the crap is your own? Because as a moderator I haven't seen anyone get banned, or any arguments or any drama at all.

-------------------------------
I have never seen these pop up messages on the other fz10 forum, but I'm usually logged in when I visit. But I'd rather that a forum invite visitors to join with a pop up then just bombard members with spam emails constantly like alot of forums do. I just left Thumper talk forum because of spam emails always hitting my inbox.

This is a good forum too. Just spend most my time on the other forum because it has SSL security and my work computers require any site that I visit to be ssl secured. I work way too much.

Who actually owns this forum?

My problem wasn't with the Forum Group. I never said that there was any mistreatment to the members. My problem was not how people were treated by moderators. The members were treated fairly when it came to moderation. It was the ADMIN constantly whining about the forum not growing fast enough for him. People posting too much on the FB page that he started!!

This Admin talked about how awful it was that the other MT Forum Admin just abandoned the place and is letting the Domain expire. This is the same thing that the Admin of the FZ10.ORG threatened to do as well just recently himself. Guess it isn't all that awful then since he is now willing to do the same.

My issues with the R1-Forum was completely on how MEMBERS were treated by moderators. Make sure you post correct facts before you start spouting off.

You sound a lot like the Admin on the FZ10.ORG. He always pops up on other forums asking who owns it too. Hmmmm.............LMFAO!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts