Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well ive been ridieing street bikes since 1973 with my first being a 1967 Yamaha DT250 two stroke in a box,LOl. Well I had many bikes up to 1985 when I sold my new 1984 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo and got married and into Corvettes for 20 years. Then in 1998 I traded in my Yamaha wave runner in for my first cruiser style bike a 1987 used virago 1100. I got the bug back and realized how much I missed rideing motorcycles. Now I had just about every Yamaha cruiser they built and while I lived in Fla for 28 years before I moved up to the GA mountians and live just six miles below Blood MTN, I had any where from 2-5 Yamaha bikes in my garage. Always a mixture of cruisers and sport bikes. Im not a full touring bike rider, To me they are, I took it with me and didnt get away from it,LOL. Tried it with a full touring 2007 Roadliner S , with all the goodies on it, radio,trunk,bat wing,ect. My favorite rideing all around do it all, (except the dirt) is the Standard or the new naked sport bike style. I will tell you strait out I HATE hardley and the snobs that ride them that show attitude. I never really had to deal with the hd ass holes untill I bought my first air cooled Yamaha V twinn. Then since 1998 till today im now done with explaining why my Raider 113 cu inch air cooled v twinn is the better deal and bike than your over priced under powered hardley. I have had a V star 650, V star 1100, two Road Stars, two Warriors,a Stryker, Roadliner and now my Raider . I was at the Yamaha tent in 2010 and three big wigs from mama yamaha were there and one spoke broken english. At that time I had a 09R1,07 roadliner S,2003 FZ1 in my garage. he asked me what I would like Yamaha to build. I mentioned a touring bike with the 113 V-Twinn in it for my Star Touring club friends who want one built.. But when I mentioned a Cross Plane engine from the new R1 into the frame of a FZ1 they were VERY excited. They began to ask me all sorts of questions. I said this time use the current R1 cross plane engine and keep the price around $13,000.00. True story. So coming to a end of this boring intro,LOL. About a month ago I found out a FZ10 was coming here. I want that Cross Plane inline for in a comphy naked sport bike style. I tried to make my 09R1 a naked bike by putting Speigler bars on it but the seat angle still sucked ,so I sold it and bought another 2005 FZ1 and had it painted Kenny Roberts yellow. By the way I had two GEN1 FZ'S and then I bought a new 2006 GEN11 FZ1 and I did not like it. Fueling sucked real bad and after I traded itin for a 06 BUSA , Ivan had a fix for it. But For me and for MY rideing style the GEN1 is a better overall FZ and thats why I went with another 2005 GEN1. I sold that in 2012. So Im giving up cruisers for good and getting back on a 2017 FZ10 Gray with lime wheels. Its on order in Illinois and I should be getting it end of this month or begining of NOV so im told. This dealer is only getting one and its MINE!!!! I already have the luggage rack in my shed and will be ordering the optional touring seat. I have to, my girlfriend loves to ride with me. Got no choise. Oh, Ill be getting a can for it so I can show off the best sounding engine in the world IMHOP. Sorry, my fingers hurt now. Type later,LOL.

Reactions: FZ-10 Admin

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well my baby has arrived at the dealer ship. Going out of state to go get my FZ10 sat and ride her 450 miles to home.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
269 Posts
Sweet, can't wait to see some photos and hear your first impressions on it. A 450 mile ride home will really let you know how you truly feel lol

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet, can't wait to see some photos and hear your first impressions on it. A 450 mile ride home will really let you know how you truly feel lol

Yea there will be a combination of highway ,where I can test the cruise control. Alot of twisty roads and most likely I won't be home till dark so I can see how the head lights do. Got the swing arm spool brackets coming because that chain is gonna need oil.lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts