Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is useing the Yamaha touring wind shield and your opinions on it. I would like something for highway cruising. I like the way it fits on the front of the bike compared to a couple of other ones. I had the doubble bubble wind shields on my previous FZ1's I have owned but they don't make one just yet. I'm 5'6" so I'm thinking the Yamaha touring wind shield might be good for me?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Haven't fitted it, but I have read from MT-10 that the screen can get a bit noisy. It'll keep the wind off your chest at speed.
Do you want it to keep the wind off your head too?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't fitted it, but I have read from MT-10 that the screen can get a bit noisy. It'll keep the wind off your chest at speed.
Do you want it to keep the wind off your head too?

Mainly off my chest. I don't like BIG touring shields you look out of. Might as well just stay in a car,lol. I like the wind in the face.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I can only imagine the wind flow over the touring wind shield as I haven't installed one, but it should cover most of your chest and we're the same height. One way to test it out is to see if your dealership has a bike with a similar windshield installed and test ride that one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just installed this one but no test (winter time...)
Quality and price = top !!!

Sold by Twisted Throttle at $106.95
Sorry unable to post the link...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Is it the MRA one revzilla sells?

·
Registered
80 Posts

I see that some southern parts of Ontario are clearing up and some guys already brought their bikes out on a couple of the warm days that passed. Did you get a chance to head out?

·
Registered
385 Posts
I too was thinking of the taller option for the windshield, but after someone had mentioned that he found the design of the front to real push the wind over it wasn't bad. I have to agree after my first ride home in pretty good wind I was surprised how little buffeting and wind there was at freeway speeds and windy gusts.

It may be me height at 5'8" or the fact that even with a small windscreen my old bike was really bad.

However I do like the MRA in smoke grey with the curve in it. And it's significantly less money then the official Yamaha one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts