Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am in the market for an FZ-10 and stumbled across this place in my interweb travels. I am a previous owner of a Gen 1 Vmax that I JUST sold a week ago and miss her terribly. I am in the process of knocking out some debt so I can get me an FZ-10. This site will serve as motivation to get it :wink2:

Reactions: FZ-10 Admin

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi guys, I am in the market for an FZ-10 and stumbled across this place in my interweb travels. I am a previous owner of a Gen 1 Vmax that I JUST sold a week ago and miss her terribly. I am in the process of knocking out some debt so I can get me an FZ-10. This site will serve as motivation to get it :wink2:
Well get her bought and then come up to my GA mtns where she belongs. I live just below blood mtn. Give me shout if you come up this way.

Reactions: RG1

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well get her bought and then come up to my GA mtns where she belongs. I live just below blood mtn. Give me shout if you come up this way.
I just road blood mountain Thursday on my raider while attending the raider rally in Maggie Vally. Ur lucky to be able to ride such awesome roads anytime u want.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I just road blood mountain Thursday on my raider while attending the raider rally in Maggie Vally. Ur lucky to be able to ride such awesome roads anytime u want.
I rode my Raider for alot of miles up here before I sold it and went back to a lighter naked bike.I actually liked my Stryker And Warrior I had before it as they were better because they were lighter and smoother. Just had to have the Raider for bragging rites that is Was the biggest mass produced air cooled V Twinn. But now hardley able too has a 114. Took them 17 years to finnaly up the Yammy 113. Now I don't bother with the V Twinn battle or explaining any more. Got me a 160hp cross plane online four,lol.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I rode my Raider for alot of miles up here before I sold it and went back to a lighter naked bike.I actually liked my Stryker And Warrior I had before it as they were better because they were lighter and smoother. Just had to have the Raider for bragging rites that is Was the biggest mass produced air cooled V Twinn. But now hardley able too has a 114. Took them 17 years to finnaly up the Yammy 113. Now I don't bother with the V Twinn battle or explaining any more. Got me a 160hp cross plane online four,lol.
I m hoping to have an fz10 to take along with my raider to next years raider rally in Maggie Valley.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the welcome. I can't wait to get an FZ. I am wondering who you guys use for insurance. In the preliminary searches, it seems that it's going to cost a fair penny since I will be financing it. It won't be in the cards for me to buy it outright unfortunately. I currently use Progressive for my insurance for my Vmax that I just sold (paid for of course) as well as my Wife's Honda Shadow (also paid for). Progressive won't let me quote it w/o a VIN# which I find to be stupid so I am not sure what their quote would be. I know Geico has bumped their head though! For the **** of it I got a quote on a 2017 FZ10 and a 2017 CB500F for the wife. They want $259.00 a month with an initial payment of the same. I paid $298.00 for a year for the other 2 bikes and that was with really good coverage. I could've gotten it as low as $99.00/year for a basic policy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't wait to get one. I am hoping by the end of the year but we'll see. I have to knock out some debt real quick. It's a mission of mine to be out from that weight before buying a motorcycle.

I tortured myself yesterday, the wife and I went to grab some dinner with our daughter and went by the stealership and they had just rolled out an Armor Gray one that they just assembled. My wife went and sat on an FZ-07 while I oogled the 10, lol.

I started talking to the salesman, who coincidentally has the same name as I do (that's gotta be a sign!) and is also a Mustang junkie like myself (yet another sign!). They have the FZ-10 listed online at $11,699.00 and I asked if they could go lower than that and he said "Of course!!" So.......just biding my time. It WILL be mine, lol!

Until then, I just have the memory of "Maxine"

I'd post a picture but it won't let me. She was a sweet ride, I'll show her off once I am able ;)

Reactions: GaBoy
1 - 10 of 10 Posts