Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Just test rode a new Raven FZ-10 and bought it on the spot. Absolutely blown away by this bike. I've read everything here and everywhere else, which impressed me, but riding it totally exceeded my expectation. Bought it in West Bend, WI from FuelPowerSports after reading about their inventory (2 Ravens) here two nights ago. I traded in my 2015 FZ-09. Great bike, but no comparison. I do the swap tomorrow. Very exciting and good to be here.

Jim

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ride home from dealer

Picked her up today and road 70 miles on the way home with two buddies. No regrets trading my FZ-09. This bike is everything and more than we all expected. The crossplane four is really impressive. Wind protection without a screen is more than adequate. I had very manageable wind sound around my helmet and no body shear or turbulence up over 80 mph. Tires aren't scrubbed, so I was less than aggressive on curves, but it tracks beautifully. I haven't done anything with the extra bells and whistles yet, except cruise which stays exactly at the set speed. Looking forward to a lot more miles and will continue to post results.

Tried posting three pictures, but it only uploads one. If I try to add another, it replaces the first one?

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Picked her up today and road 70 miles on the way home with two buddies. No regrets trading my FZ-09. This bike is everything and more than we all expected. The crossplane four is really impressive. Wind protection without a screen is more than adequate. I had very manageable wind sound around my helmet and no body shear or turbulence up over 80 mph. Tires aren't scrubbed, so I was less than aggressive on curves, but it tracks beautifully. I haven't done anything with the extra bells and whistles yet, except cruise which stays exactly at the set speed. Looking forward to a lot more miles and will continue to post results.

Tried posting three pictures, but it only uploads one. If I try to add another, it replaces the first one?
Awesome, glad to hear you had no regrets on letting go of the FZ09 which could be a similar thing among a lot of other 09 owners thinking about making the move.

Have you started to think about what modifications and accessories you want to get ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Yami.

Minimal mods for me. Black shorty levers from eBay have shipped along with fender eliminator. I'm planning on crash protection as soon as some decent pricing happens. I have an air horn (Stebel Nautilus) off the 09 to install plus a Battery Tender pigtail for the battery that will hang out under the edge of the seat. Most likely will get the 1/8" thick neoprene slide on Grippons. Liked them on the 09 a lot. Lastly, I'll probably do a jazzy graphite stick on tank protector on top. Oh yes, still debating about red rim stripes. The 09 had some rusty hardware issues necessitating stainless or titanium upgrades of caliper pins and miscellaneous bolts. I'll wait and see how these hold up. Lots of good Christmas present ideas. At my age, those are hard to come up with.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
No paint protection. I did add the five year extended warranty though. Any and all required service with $50 deductable per visit. This bike doesn't have a whole lot of history, so I thought $800 was a good investment.

Just got my fender eliminator installed. Looks great. eBay FZ-10 parts from seller Creese. $39 with free shipping. Excellent quality and simple half hour job.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Oh okay okay that works too. Can't go wrong with a price like that.

But cool ! I actually inquired on it on the other thread lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Pretty much anything except accidents and tires. I also posted that I just got free roadside assistance from my insurance, Dairyland, that was provided by Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI for taking their Intermediate Road Skills course. My insurance sent me a billfold card with a toll free number to call anytime I need it. Nice.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Pretty much anything except accidents and tires. I also posted that I just got free roadside assistance from my insurance, Dairyland, that was provided by Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI for taking their Intermediate Road Skills course. My insurance sent me a billfold card with a toll free number to call anytime I need it. Nice.
Do you know if roadside assistance responds in good timing or what? I hate having to wait a while.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No idea. I haven't had to use it yet. The contract did say they take it to the nearest service center to where you break down. If you want it to go further away, you have to pay the added cost.

·
Registered
210 Posts
It's never good to be forced to drop the bike somewhere you don't want it to be. I generally like to take things to one certain shop and even if I'm a good distance away.. I would probably get it hauled all the way back there lol

·
Registered
182 Posts
The added cost shouldn't be too bad if the insurance covers most of the ride. How long will you have the roadside assistance for?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts