Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Just picked up my new fz10 this past week, my fiancé and I traded in our 2015 harley fatbob and while she is still getting used to the new ride I'm loving it !!

I've been riding for 7 years, bought my first bike when I was 20 back in 2010 ( new harley iron 883 ). I kept that bike for 5 years but when I met my fiancé and she started riding with me it just didn't cut it, trading it in on the fat bob and had been less than impressed with it.

Here's a couple pics ... I look forward to learning a lot from everyone, while I'm active on a couple jeep forums this is really my first run at moto forums So please be gentle haha

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
Welcome to the forum! As a tip too if you are going to be doing allot of two up riding I know that there are some great modes to make that will make it more comfortable for your wife to be. If I'm not mistaken YammyBoy113 has done some well received two up mods that you may be interested in.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Welcome to the forums :)

Definitely would like to hear about what mods you'll be getting done to this. What Jeep do you own though... Wrangler...? ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You'll enjoy the crap out of the bike; it's a blast. :)

A luggage rack, tail pack, backrest and lowered passenger pegs will make her ride a lot more comfortable.

And gear; get that girl some gear!! Skin rash is no fun. :(

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hey everyone,

Just picked up my new fz10 this past week, my fiancé and I traded in our 2015 harley fatbob and while she is still getting used to the new ride I'm loving it !!

I've been riding for 7 years, bought my first bike when I was 20 back in 2010 ( new harley iron 883 ). I kept that bike for 5 years but when I met my fiancé and she started riding with me it just didn't cut it, trading it in on the fat bob and had been less than impressed with it.

Here's a couple pics ... I look forward to learning a lot from everyone, while I'm active on a couple jeep forums this is really my first run at moto forums So please be gentle haha
Wecome aboard. I sold my last cruiser ,a 2014 Yamaha 113 cu in. Raider. Back on a naked sport bike again and will be till I can't ride any more. My girlfriend is more comphy on the back of my FZ10 then she was on the Raider. Drop the rear peg mounts 40mm, get the comphort seat ,the rack and quick disconnect hard bag and mama will love it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey there .I'm similar in that I had HD product for years and threw a boatload of cash into them and still didn't have what I wanted for performance.Did the math and I'm older than you and your girlfiend combined .Got my black fz10 less than a week ago and you couldn't knock the smile off my face with a 2"x4".My son has a fz07 and that got me hooked.I'll bet we will put half as much peso into these bikes and get twice the bang as the HD.
Anywho,enjoy ...I'll see you around .

·
Registered
172 Posts
Congrats on getting the new FZ. I have to say i'm a bit surprised to see that we have an ex-harley owner on the forum here since most harley guys I know have stuck by harley. Nothing better to transition out of that than this FZ.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts