Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fender eliminator by Chris Reese eBay creese1, tail light #blasterx by customled.com, bags by #swmotech with OEM Yamaha soft saddlebag mounts, radiator protector OEM yamaha and windshield OEM Yamaha.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
the first thing i got was the Yamaha comfort seat and Cortech tank bag then the Vagabond fender eliminator, Kriega US30 Bag, OEM Yamaha Windscreen, clip-on MRA tour x-creen, Danmoto slip-on and decat link pipe. I want to get hand guards so i did buy Powermadd star series but they wouldn't fit due to the inability to adjust the lever/mirror piece plus the levers in the depressed position are out too far, if anyone has suggestions id appreciate it. Puig has nice bike specific guards but 2 problems are i cant find where to purchase one and the other IS the price almost $200 for the set :-/

·
Registered
182 Posts
Gotta love the little details like the FZ-10 logo on the radiator protector.

Not sure about the bike guards, is other ones that aren't bike specific won't fit. Are they more for warmth? If they are, perhaps heated grips would work?

·
Registered
16 Posts
They are more for warmth but I was thinking the guards would work hand in hand with heated grips. I was thinking of getting both cuz the heat would be on the inside of your hand and the cold air will still be hitting the outside of your hands making them cold is what I heard.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I know we're supposed to be looking at the windshield and it looks great, but I can't stop staring at the wheels and matching decal. What's next on your to do list?

·
Registered
269 Posts
That windshield doesn't look bad at all. Personally I would have it tinted but it all depends on your preferences. Still looks great nonetheless. Plan on looking for bar end mirrors ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have that same windscreen and my thoughts on it are its good, i bit pricier than i would like but on track days its great for hiding behind. In the cooler months its nice by itself but for the winter days no so i bought a MRA touring x-creen and that helps a lot. Once the summer months come the windscreens come off! :cool:

·
Registered
182 Posts
That windscreen is enough to deflect the wind over your head for when you're hugging the tank a bit. Anything larger isn't really necessary IMO, but then again I don't ride in the winter. I'l still keep the screen on in the summer, just so many bugs to the torso without one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
That shield is looking great.

Do you plan on tinting it in the future?

Also, how tall are you?

(Don't have an FZ-10 yet but planning to down the road so this sort of insight will go a long way for me)
5'-10"

I never thought of tinting the windshield, I actually like it as is.

I guess the next thing on my list will have to be mirrors since I'm very annoyed that they move when it's windy. (not speeding!) LOL

·
Registered
210 Posts
Bar end mirrors definitely seem like a must for the FZ. Not only for functionality wise, but for the vain in all of us, it looks so much more aesthetically pleasing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OEM Radiator guard install?

fender eliminator by Chris Reese eBay creese1, tail light #blasterx by customled.com, bags by #swmotech with OEM Yamaha soft saddlebag mounts, radiator protector OEM yamaha and windshield OEM Yamaha.
I just picked up the Yamaha OEM radiator guard but the install points don't seem to be there. Did you have any trouble with this. Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I looked for bags that would work the Yamaha mounts since they have supposedly pulled the OEM bags, can you tell me where you were able to get that system. I've looked on revzilla as well as couldn't find them. Thanks!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I just picked up the Yamaha OEM radiator guard but the install points don't seem to be there. Did you have any trouble with this. Any help would be much appreciated!
I just installed the Yamaha radiator guard. It basically just lays up against the radiator and you zip tie the four ends of the guard to the radiator. Once you hold the guard against the radiator run the top zip ties thru the guard and the radiator. Don't tighten them all the way. Once you figure out how to run the zip ties then it will be simple.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts