1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Here's a section of the write up from the site. Sounds and looks extremely enticing. Thanks !

A new burst of darkness is coming - and once you experience the MT-10 SP's total performance, you will instantly know that you have truly entered the Dark Side of Japan.
This special version of the MT-10 is equipped with Öhlins Electronic Racing Suspension for the highest degree of control - as well as an exclusive full colour TFT meter panel and special racing colours.
The Traction Control System, Assist & Slipper clutch and Quick Shifter System give you the technology to harness the 998cc engine's brutal power - while the hefty linear torque combined with outstanding chassis agility make this bike the definitive Hyper Naked. Yamaha MT-10 SP: Speed of Darkness.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I like it.. but I think it kind of makes it look too generic. This is a bike that stands out from quite near everything. Looks super sinister, dark, and monstrous. The added equipment would be great but I can go without the paint scheme.

·
Registered
182 Posts
It still has the MT10 panels, just with a different color which looks great IMO. To each their own.
Having automatically adjustable suspension on a bike like the MT10 will help it adapt to city street riding, canyon carving, etc while we just enjoy the ride. depending on how much it is, I may consider it.

Look at the TFT display!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got mine on saturday

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bought just carbon parts and bst carbon wheels for the sp
i m playing with my "standard" 2016 at the moment , just missing few titanium screws
will be finished soon

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
210 Posts
60% less rotational mass... those things look absolutely bonkers. Can't wait to see photos and hear your impressions on em'

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
already have7 had bst since years on other bikes

·
Registered
172 Posts
Love those wheels, however I can't get over the fact of what that same money can do for me on the FZ as a short-term owner. Most owners like me will have the same problem. But give your history and involvement in bikes its easy to see why you're getting these :D

Will it be seeing some track time?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No racetrack for my street bikes
i have track bikes for that

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
may more luck in euro forum

·
Registered
18 Posts
bought just carbon parts and bst carbon wheels for the sp
i m playing with my "standard" 2016 at the moment , just missing few titanium screws
will be finished soon
What do you think of your non electronic Ohlins on standard MT10 vs the semi-active electronic Ohlins on MT10SP?

Personally I quite like the idea I don't have to touch them with the screwdriver, and they adjust to riding conditions

1 - 20 of 24 Posts