Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The S1000R seems to take the cake in terms of power delivery, and the reviewer doesn't feel like the MT-10 is as refined either. Seems to be very pro S1000R.

·
Registered
306 Posts
FZ10 sounds better, smoother and is a better real world street bike. IMHOP.

·
Registered
172 Posts
FZ10 sounds better, smoother and is a better real world street bike. IMHOP.
Sound is an important one for me and when you dish out the extra bit of coin to get an Akra system or something equally high end that opens it up, all of a sudden you have something that to most won't come off as a Yami :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
As much as I appreciate sound, I don't really feel like it should be used so heavily in making a decision just because there are so many different things you can do to change it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
He didn't base the final decisions purely on the sound alone, taking into account brake feel, throttle, torque, etc. But it's really down to what you prefer, but I think the MT-10 is a better city bike than the S1000R.

·
Registered
210 Posts
That's not what I meant. It was in regards to Yamimoto's reply. Wasn't saying Yamimoto does that either, just putting my opinion FWIW.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have been looking into the S1000r for quite sometime, until the FZ-10 was announced state side. It seems like the closest naked version of a super sport to me. I seriously question the reliability of it though. If you cruise the S1000r forum, there is a disturbing amount of problems with premature wear on cam bearings, water pump failures, and some issues with stalls while downshifting that seem pretty common. So best to pay for that extended warranty on the BMW...
I have owned(not nicely either) 4 Yamaha sport bikes over 16 years, and have 100% confidence in the Yamaha brand.

An FZ-10 will be cruising down the road while that refined BMW is in the shop.

·
Registered
306 Posts
i have been looking into the s1000r for quite sometime, until the fz-10 was announced state side. It seems like the closest naked version of a super sport to me. I seriously question the reliability of it though. If you cruise the s1000r forum, there is a disturbing amount of problems with premature wear on cam bearings, water pump failures, and some issues with stalls while downshifting that seem pretty common. So best to pay for that extended warranty on the bmw...
I have owned(not nicely either) 4 yamaha sport bikes over 16 years, and have 100% confidence in the yamaha brand.

An fz-10 will be cruising down the road while that refined bmw is in the shop.

ditto!.

·
Registered
73 Posts
hahahahahahaha

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts