Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Been doing a bunch of research but can't seem to find much. I have seen where people mod there exup valve to stay open at all times on other bikes, but can't find much on the FZ. I did find one thread where someone did this and didn't notice any negative effects. Curious if anyone has experience with this or knows of any negative effects. This would be done on the stock ecu settings. My only reason for doing this is to potentially gain some exhaust volume in the lower rpm's while saving for a 3/4 system.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I did the EXUP disable on mine, and can't say I feel any noticeable difference besides a little added sound. There is flat spot around 4k-4.75k , but it was there before the mod too.

There is a spring on the EXUP that keeps the butterfly closed by default. I removed this spring, and then used some safety wire to secure the butterfly in the open position. The cables were completely removed, and the servo was left in place. I only have pictures of the spring/cables, and the opened butterfly through the exhaust(crappy pic).

This is also a temporary solution until I fell like forking some cheddar over for 3/4 or full system.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts