Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who financed your bike, what do you pay per month? I know this can be a sensitive and intrusive subject so don't answer if you're uncomfortable, I understand. I most likely will go to the dealer tomorrow and see what they can offer me. I may or may not put money down. Undecided. My credit is good so I'm not worried about being able to get a loan, I just don't know what terms they'll have. I've read they like to get you a Yamaha card but that's not something I want to do, I am looking for typical bank financing with a low interest rate but not sure if motorcycles work the same way car financing does.

Any insight to this is appreciated!

·
Registered
76 Posts
alright so here's the deal, I'm 19 and I had no credit whatsoever when I bought my bike. I saved up $15,000 over a few months and went to the dealership to pay for it full in cash. I had considered taking a loan when I first started looking at the 10, but interest rates were very high for me with my step-dad as a cosigner. knowing that at some point I would need credit I asked my dealership if there were any financing specials going on at the moment. Through Yamaha they had (not sure if its still available atm) 0% for 6 months. So I took advantage of it to establish some credit. I paid $9,500 down and financed $3,200. minimum monthly payments are 10% ($32 a month). So right now I'm paying a little over $500 a month so save myself from the 23% interest at 6 months.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, I did it. I went this morning and bought an FZ-10! I haven't taken delivery of it yet, I might get it tomorrow if all goes well. They had to get it from another one of their stores. I just got a call that it made it there so I just need to fit in a time to get a ride up to bring her home! I'll post pics of it when I get it here.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

She has arrived! Ain't she purty? LOL

Reactions: SlowGuyTy

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Delicious! I assume the financing options were acceptable for you then.
Yes indeed. Had I chose to go 36 months, I could've gotten 1%, I stretched it out a little more and paid a little more interest but in reality, I'll hopefully pay it off within a year or 2.

Congrats! Let us know how you like it!
On the short ride home, I loved it! I only live 5 miles away so I didn't get to get a good feel for it. I was in a lot of evening in town traffic but I did blip it up to 77mph real quick, even pulled a small wheelie which made me grin like an idiot, lol.

Reactions: SlowGuyTy
1 - 7 of 7 Posts