Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner

Highway 47 from Vernonia to Clatskanie, in Oregon

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  DaveInWoodland 
#1 · (Edited)
Hopefully this will work:

Here's a short video of Highway 47 from Vernonia to Clatskanie (just outside of Portland, OR). The road's a little rough, but the corners are all banked and tight. The camera is mounted on the tank using the GoPro 8" gooseneck https://goo.gl/GVmpcu. It's ok, but not great. There's too much vibration and I can't decide whether it's better to have the speedo showing, or not showing in the videos. Pros and cons for both, I guess. Someone also suggested adding in an external mic much closer to the tailpipe and I really like that idea, so I'll be adding that next.

First minute is a little boring, but the rest of the ride is mucho funno.

#4 ·
I wasn't smart enough to do the magnet mount that Bogie did, so I've got the double sided sticky tape on top of the tank, just in front of the gas cap. The only way to get rid of the vibration is to either mount it on my helmet, or maybe put it in a 3 axis gimbal and then mount that to the bike (unless someone has a better idea).

Also, I'd really like to get the external mic set up, and mounted to the bike near the exhaust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.