Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many of you here, I had a battery die on me for an unknown reason. Due to life reasons I stopped riding for a month and just got around to putting a new battery in the bike. Well when I was installing it, I F'd up and blew the main fuse (easy $5 fix). Now that the bike is all started up, the RPM is at 900ish, and have NO throttle response. As I tried the throttle a little, the engine light turned on. Any ideas?

·
Registered
13 Posts
The only battery thread I have found elsewhere is copied below, not sure it helps you? If you are a savvy mechanical sort of owner then this may be teaching your granny to suck eggs so if so then please accept my apologies.

If you ever remove the bikes battery, for any reason like winter storage etc, THEN please please ensure that when reinstalling the battery that you put it in the same way i.e. with the battery laying down on its back with its terminals to the rear of the bike.

AND NOT BATTERY STANDING UP ON ITS BOTTOM WITH THE TERMINALS TO THE REAR OF THE BIKE

as the wrong standing up way round install means that the battery's terminals are the wrong way round and the battery leads can then be wired on the WRONG way round (reverse polarity) incorrectly black earth wire to battery ve + and Red positive wire WRONGLY to - which will fry bike electrics/fuses...

Note: the battery can be safely charged in the bike.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts