Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just signed up the other day and thought I would say hey.

I currently have two bikes. I got a 2010 Honda VFR1200F & a Honda Fury. I got the VFR not even a year ago. It is a wonderful bike, but just not quite what I wanted it to be. The bike has tons of torque but not as comfortable as I was thinking it would be & a little lacking at higher RPM. Previous bikes were ZX-14R, ZX-14, R1, 900RR, Ninja 600e, Ninja 250. Planning to trade it in some time later this year, but i'll probably give in sooner than later as I think this is the most excited I've been about a bike, but I'm trying to wait until they come down from MSRP a bit more. I've seen a couple for 12k and I am thinking once the 2018s come out that might happen.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome to the forum! The VFR1200F is certainly distinctive looking and it's interesting to see your progression from a 250. What price are you hoping to get a FZ-10 for?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Just signed up the other day and thought I would say hey.

I currently have two bikes. I got a 2010 Honda VFR1200F & a Honda Fury. I got the VFR not even a year ago. It is a wonderful bike, but just not quite what I wanted it to be. The bike has tons of torque but not as comfortable as I was thinking it would be & a little lacking at higher RPM. Previous bikes were ZX-14R, ZX-14, R1, 900RR, Ninja 600e, Ninja 250. Planning to trade it in some time later this year, but i'll probably give in sooner than later as I think this is the most excited I've been about a bike, but I'm trying to wait until they come down from MSRP a bit more. I've seen a couple for 12k and I am thinking once the 2018s come out that might happen.
Stay on cycle trader online. That's how I found my new FZ10. $11,347.00 . Try the Good Guys on cycle trader online. I ride mine home brand new 487mi one way. Worth every penny.

Reactions: yamimoto

·
Registered
172 Posts
Stay on cycle trader online. That's how I found my new FZ10. $11,347.00 . Try the Good Guys on cycle trader online. I ride mine home brand new 487mi one way. Worth every penny.
First time hearing about those guys, only knew the typical dealers as the places to buy.

Fortunately I haven't bought an FZ as yet. Thanks :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as what I am willing to pay.. I paid 10k OTD for my brand new 2014 ZX-14R and that was the flat black & bright red SE. I KNOW that was a better deal than I will probably find again, but if I did find a FZ-10 for 10k OTD I would buy it today. The $11,347 is enough to catch my interest. I've already started saving for a down payment and just want to pay the VFR down a little bit more first.

As for color, I want the solid black one. I see there is a blue one, but have not seen any anywhere. Is that a Euro only color? I just ordered an AGV K5 "you" which is black and red-ish so I am already thinking ahead. :)

Can't wait!! I also watched a 10 part youtube video about the FZ-10 and got to see all kinds of cool things like adding Brembo pads and getting the suspension & power commander tuned. Looks like the new brake pads are a must from the research I have done so far.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I think it is a euro only color because I haven't seen any of them in testing videos and what not in NA. There is also the SP with the blue wheels though?

But oh nice, the AGV K5 you in black/fuschia (go figure lol) does look extremely nice and would match the all black perfectly. I'm with you on that though. From the time I order something, you can bet I have at least 5 other accessories to go with it before I even get it ahahaha

·
Registered
306 Posts
I was just on the GOOD GUYS web site. Now the black or gray FZ10'S are going for $11,246.00. They drop the price a little. They coming down there but not where I live, they still going full MSRP in GA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts