Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hi. Bought this saturday and hope to have it sometime this week. Waiting on it to be shipped up to my town. Only took a 6.5 hour drive to find it. So excited to take her for a ride. Also can't wait to learn more from this forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
Welcome to the forum osiris, that's a dedicated buyer going the distance for your bike but you definitely won't regret it one bit. Best bike I've owned in over forty years. I see you also got the faster color. Well done!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum osiris, that's a dedicated buyer going the distance for your bike but you definitely won't regret it one bit. Best bike I've owned in over forty years. I see you also got the faster color. Well done!
Glad to hear you are happy with your bike. I am so anxious to take mine for a ride. As soon as I saw this bike I wanted it. Unfortunately being in Fairbanks, AK really limits me. So I suck it up and made the drive to the dealer that had the only 2 FZ10's in Alaska and luckily they had one in armor gray.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol only about a 6.5 hour drive is all...

That's some real determination, I love it! Welcome to the forums.
Haha. Thanks. As soon as I took a seat on it I knew it was worth the drive.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picked it up from the shipping company today. Got a little damage in transit but between the dealer and shipping company I will have replacement parts as soon as they can get them in. Super excited to ride it but still awaiting my base to open up riding season. Roads still have a lot of rocks from the winter. Hoping they get it cleaned up by the weekend.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took it out for a ride today. Absolutely love it. This bike has so much torque. I can't wait until the break in is over.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Just got done given her a wipe down after today's ride. Love the yellow wheels but man do they love dirt.
I just started using McGuire's waterless cleaner with wax.Works great on the wheels. I got in the habit now of either a quick wipe down before or after a ride. Makes it easier to stay on top of them.

And yes, wait until you get the first service done. You'll laugh like a school girl when you wring that motor up. It's almost got that GP bike feel to it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just started using McGuire's waterless cleaner with wax.Works great on the wheels. I got in the habit now of either a quick wipe down before or after a ride. Makes it easier to stay on top of them.

And yes, wait until you get the first service done. You'll laugh like a school girl when you wring that motor up. It's almost got that GP bike feel to it.
I'll have to look for the waterless stuff when I go into town today. Hopefully I can find some. Always wanted to try it. I found it extremely difficult keeping it under the suggested rpm range for the break in. The bike just wants to keep going.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Good protection + coin washes have been my trick all these years. Protection is key since that goes a long way to ensure clean up is easiest.

Oh yeah... the other part is timing, can't let mess cake on.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good protection + coin washes have been my trick all these years. Protection is key since that goes a long way to ensure clean up is easiest.

Oh yeah... the other part is timing, can't let mess cake on.
Agreed. I can't stand letting stuff like my bike stay dirty. Ends up being a pain to clean in the end.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just wanted to say hi. Bought this saturday and hope to have it sometime this week. Waiting on it to be shipped up to my town. Only took a 6.5 hour drive to find it. So excited to take her for a ride. Also can't wait to learn more from this forum.
Welcome, ALASKA!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Picked it up from the shipping company today. Got a little damage in transit but between the dealer and shipping company I will have replacement parts as soon as they can get them in. Super excited to ride it but still awaiting my base to open up riding season. Roads still have a lot of rocks from the winter. Hoping they get it cleaned up by the weekend.
Congratulations on the awesome choice! Sorry to hear about the damage. Hope you get that sorted out ASAP. Have fun and ride safe!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts