Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just finished installing it, no harder then putting one on your phone, but the instructions were a bit vague about certain included pieces that were not really needed. But it fit perfectly and will definitely protect the cluster from sun and scratching. Would buy again.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Never actually thought of doing that even though we take such good care of our mobile devices. Just didn't think it'd be necessary as the screen is not something I touch all too often, but one stray pebble could scratch it.

I'm generally horrible at installing those phone protectors. :p

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never actually thought of doing that even though we take such good care of our mobile devices. Just didn't think it'd be necessary as the screen is not something I touch all too often, but one stray pebble could scratch it.

I'm generally horrible at installing those phone protectors. :p
I was more interested in protecting the cluster from the sun since I have seen previous same style screens get impacted from excessive exposure to the Sun especially where we live.

It was really easy to get in place. If I can do it without a problem, anyone can :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just ordered mine. Good find.
It was very easy to do, but read my review on Amazon for any gotchas, I think so far it was the only review. EDIT: Here was my review:

Not quite a five star review but I'll detail that here. Kit comes with everything you'll need, but note you will need a spray bottle with water for the install. The instructions for the most part are ok, but for someone who is really anal there will be confusion. The confusion would be:

1. No mention of using the included alcohol prep at all, but obvious if you put a screen for example on your phone.
2. No instructions or mention what so ever on the "positioning" stickers included. (You really wont need them).
3. The step 2 sticker that removes the last layer of film failed to do so on my installation a thumbnail and a bit of coaxing did the trick and I was able to remove the final film on step 2.

The fit of the protector is really good and fits perfectly, just get it into position quickly then use the included squeegee to get all the water and bubbles out of the film. It was a very warm day here and I think that made my install a bit easier overall. In the end, I am very happy with the quality and the fit on my FZ-10 dash and would recommend this to anyone that wants to keep the sun and scratches off the stock plastic.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Decided to order one of these, we protect everything else that has a screen so I figured for the money it was cheap insurance. I especially like that it protects the screen from UV:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072LCWBHF/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
EVERYONE: UPDATE AND IF POSSIBLE MODS CAN YOU DELETE THIS THREAD?

Overnight this screen protector failed miserably with three huge white spots that were not acceptable. Upon removal of the screen it was obvious that the adhesive in spots dried opaque. I've returned this to Amazon DO NOT BUY

·
Registered
77 Posts
EVERYONE: UPDATE AND IF POSSIBLE MODS CAN YOU DELETE THIS THREAD?

Overnight this screen protector failed miserably with three huge white spots that were not acceptable. Upon removal of the screen it was obvious that the adhesive in spots dried opaque. I've returned this to Amazon DO NOT BUY
Cancelled my order right after you posted this; got to it before they shipped it, and the seller refunded my money.

Just waiting for the new version to come out now.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They sent me an email saying they were trying to develop a "better" adhesive then they currently had so it was obvious to me they knew there was a problem with the current adhesive. They were at least responsive to the issue except they never should have marketed something they knew had a problem which they obviously did.

I emailed them back saying I would try the new improved version if it ever came out if they wanted me to test it gratis I would but otherwise I wouldn't attempt it. I am glad you were able to return it before having a problem.

·
Registered
172 Posts
They sent me an email saying they were trying to develop a "better" adhesive then they currently had so it was obvious to me they knew there was a problem with the current adhesive. They were at least responsive to the issue except they never should have marketed something they knew had a problem which they obviously did.

I emailed them back saying I would try the new improved version if it ever came out if they wanted me to test it gratis I would but otherwise I wouldn't attempt it. I am glad you were able to return it before having a problem.
Maybe they can give you a discount as well for testing ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts