Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive heard that the mt10 is alot less reserved in the map that they come with. If this is true can I flash the mt10 file on my fz10?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Not sure what you mean, the Yamaha MT-10 just had its name changed to FZ-10 when it was shipped to the States. It's still the same bike as far as I'm aware unless Yamaha tweaked it?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ive heard that the mt10 is alot less reserved in the map that they come with. If this is true can I flash the mt10 file on my fz10?
Less reserved??
One of my biggest complaints of the fz10 when I got it was throttle control (way too twichy) and huge amount of engine braking. My mechanic spent a lot of time smoothing out the throttle control and decreasing the harsh engine braking under throttle rolloff. That map is in his laptop, if you want to send him your ECU you can benefit from the work we did. Yes he charges for an ECU flash, as he should.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not sure what you mean, the Yamaha MT-10 just had its name changed to FZ-10 when it was shipped to the States. It's still the same bike as far as I'm aware unless Yamaha tweaked it?
Yamaha changed up the fuel mapping on the 2018’s and added the quick shifter from the factory now. So it’s not just a rebadged fz10. Drive modes also changed to 1,2,3 instead of standard A,B.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are you reffering to the top end neutering us USA models recieved? That would be a good question. Talking about the top 10% or so of the powerband being reduced whereas the guys across the pond have full power.

·
Registered
73 Posts
FZ 10 came with 6-7 hp less , compare to the euro/rest of the world MT10 , this fact it´s well knowed.
Dunno if MT10 US version aswel

Reactions: Yammyboy113
1 - 7 of 7 Posts