Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick search first but didn't see anyone else complain about the stock mirrors on their FZ10. It seems that at high speeds the mirrors start to move and its really annoying. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I picked up my FZ-10 this weekend and noticed the same thing. I don't really like the lack of visibility with them, especially compared to the mirrors on my CBR1000RR that I traded in. I'll probably install some CRG bar end mirrors later.

Reactions: glenh2nd

·
Registered
55 Posts
Im not impressed with the mirrors either... not complaining, they aren't any different than the last 3 bikes I owned. All I get is 3/4 of the mirror of shoulder. Hahaha.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I agree these mirrors bothered me right away. I would be in the market for an upgrade set, however I do not believe bar-end mirrors are the solution because this is not a cafe racer, it's an upright position bike, and since we lane-split out her in California bar end mirrors would stick out at the car mirrors. If anyone see a good aftermarket set to replace the OEMs please post up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was tinkering with the bike just now, and had a bit of a duh-huh moment. To get the mirrors out a little further, I threaded the mirror into the socket about two full turns and tightened the nut down. This extended the mirror out about a half an inch. It's not a massive improvement, but there's that much less of my arm in the mirror now.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
I just installed these on mine and I am very happy (for now). They complement the existing mirror mount and look stock with the improved visibility (ofcourse).
I really like mine too, I doubt anyone even familiar with the stock mirrors would even really notice the extenders, looks completely stock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts