Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everybody on this forum! I look forward to reading and understanding more about my new bike! I have owned several bikes before this FZ-10, including a FZ-09 which I still own!

Just got the bike two whole days ago and I have about 140 miles on her! Riding about 300+ more tomorrow!

I had posted a review on the FZ-09 page and I wanted to do hear also to get some feedback!

So to update on the first day of riding on the FZ-10!
Ill start off with a few things I noticed right away!

1. The engine is phenomenal, it does not have that moose kick of torque the FZ-09 has, however the mid range and more is a utter thrill. The sound of the engine is exceptional, with some vibration though at idle.

2. The general feel of the bike, compared to the FZ-09 is very similar to me at least in how the bike turns in and flicks from side to side. Weight seems to be a bit higher, but nothing significant in the sense of controllability. SUSPENSION IS FANTASTIC, even for my weight of 250 now, the bike felt incredibly sturdy in all conditions.

3. Comfort on the bike in my opinion was very similar to the FZ-09. The seat is hard, but not to hard. It seems like your weight is more spread out over the bike compared to the smaller FZ-09 seat. Wind buffeting seemed better then the FZ-09 surprisingly, and I even have a Puig Sport Windscreen on my FZ-09. I traveled on the highway and on country roads and through the city.

4. Ride-ability was very good, however 1st and 2nd gear are very tall, and this through city driving became apparent in how to manipulate the clutch. Clutch seemed very similar to the 09 as far as engagement. The gearbox was flawless, smooth and very crisp.

5. Fuel mileage was on the low end with my riding, around 27 average MPG. On my 09 I have almost +10 compared to this. Will investigate more when I ride tomorrow for a longer distance at a more controlled pace.

Other notes, cruise control is a great feature, headlights are ultra bright, standard power port is a nice feature. Whoever at Yamaha decided to switch the power modes obviously doesn't understand common sense. The display is very nice, with the tachometer very easy to read compared to my 09. The 09 for me is harder to read in the higher rev ranges.

Another really dumb thing I did, when getting on the bike was breakout a small plastic fin on the rear. Very flimsy, and there right in the way of your leg when getting on the bike. It was my mistake, but it seems to be a odd place to have a part like that.

Trying to give some feedback and perspective.

Y'all ride safe out there.

If you guys have any input or ideas please let me know! It is a lot to read, so thanks for the wisdom!

Looking to possibly flash and have a exhaust in the near future.

Thanks,
Ian

Reactions: FZ-10 Admin

·
Registered
210 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations ! You're feedback from owning both bikes is definitely crucial and much appreciated ! What mods do you have done to the 09 so far ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a PC5, and exhaust with a air filter! Some other minor cosmetic adjustments and thats it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts