Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for anyone out there who needs more power, Extreme Creations has a MT10/FZ10 Turbo kit and it's supposed to give you a 75hp increase for an overall 200hp.

But man is it expensive at AUD $6750 or US $4990.

anyone interested?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Is that a supercharger for the FZ? can;t imagine why you would want more power when the stock bike already has so much on tap.

·
Registered
73 Posts
no it s a turbo kit , even not the best
turbo is way to far from exhaust port

·
Registered
210 Posts
Something seems odd about the turbo kit and the dyno chart and what not. I'm not too sure how I feel about it. I'm all for the idea though. One of my old buddies ended up dropping a turbo on his S1000R. Not uncommon lol.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Meh, as nice as this is, I rather just pocket that money and a coupe years down the line get a bike with more power in a higher segment.

Got my eyes set on a Ducati 1299 which puts out just over 200HP, but i'm not just looking at power figures.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Meh, as nice as this is, I rather just pocket that money and a coupe years down the line get a bike with more power in a higher segment.

Got my eyes set on a Ducati 1299 which puts out just over 200HP, but i'm not just looking at power figures.
Just an FYI unless you are ready to shell out some serious money every so often the Ducati service costs are a bit out there. I just traded in mine and was glad to see it go. Especially expensive is the regular "Desmo" service where they replace the belts.

I would recommend you really do some soul searching if you plan on a Ducati, they can be great but they can also be a PITA.

·
Registered
73 Posts
new ducati engines are NOT using timing belt anymore
still high priced shitty crap
plus , gonna go to cost you a fortune

·
Registered
385 Posts
new ducati engines are NOT using timing belt anymore
still high priced shitty crap
plus , gonna go to cost you a fortune
The belts are connected to the valve train and yes they still use them :

This from the history of Ducati:

All modern Ducati engines are derivatives of the Pantah, which uses a toothed belt to actuate the engine's valves.

·
Registered
73 Posts

Yeah man , look at your belts on a Pani engine .... hahahahahahaha
Better write about think only with clue , BTW i was (also) former testdriver in ducati till 2013.....

·
Registered
385 Posts

Yeah man , look at your belts on a Pani engine .... hahahahahahaha
Better write about think only with clue , BTW i was (also) former testdriver in ducati till 2013.....
They still use them on many many models that was was my point, you posted they don't use them at all which is not TRUE. And I'm not sure I understand "better write about think only with clue" but in any case if you're considering any Ducati think about the service costs because they are not in line with any other bike I've owned except Harley.

Easiest way to check is to look at their service interval requirements on their website if you'r curious

P.S. My experience with my entry level Ducati was not near acceptable reliability wise. I may have just been unlucky but once that happens it leaves a sour taste in most people's mouths.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts