Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

We installed some covert peg sliders on the bike today, i'll try to upload some pics later!

in the mean time if you want to see them we have a video up of the instillation

·
Registered
182 Posts
Le frame sliders, a necessity on every bike and I learned that the hard way. Fairing replacement pieces are not cheap for any bike, I can tell you that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You just gotta be careful in that frame sliders can very rarely make a tip over or crash worse when the hardware twists and warps causing frame and engine case damage. Especially with aluminum frames and engine cases. Sliders become a focal point for the energy being dumped into the bike versus being spread out over the whole side of a body panel. A good follow up mod to the frame sliders would be engine case covers as we really don't have a ton of bodywork to protect on this bike but the engine and transmission cases are exposed and vulnerable.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I usually try to go for the holy trinity of protection; slider, engine case, and transmission case. If it's an adventure bike, those crash bars are going on as well.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I usually try to go for the holy trinity of protection; slider, engine case, and transmission case. If it's an adventure bike, those crash bars are going on as well.
Like what most riders go for. Just about every forum i'm on those topics are the most discussed regardless of how old the forum is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts