Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sounds like a good solution if you're riding in the mountains and changing elevation, not to mention air temp changes and exhaust systems!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Is anyone considering the Active Tune that Flash Tune offers? That's the route I am planning on going. I am just curious if anyone has tried it , or knows anyone that has tried it. There are a lot of great comments about it on the R1 forum.
https://ftecu.com/shop/yamaha-active-tune-kit/
I have FlashTune on all 3 of my bikes, my H2 & fz10 have PCV but my R6 we went with the Active Tune, I left that part up to my builder, he wanted to go with the Active Tune. Works great.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool. I think this may be the best solution for me. While I can't get the fine tuning a Dyno can provide, this should be a better approximation than the standard maps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the flash tune along with the active tune and Graves EVR exhaust on My FZ10 and R1, I couldn't be more pleased, It made a huge difference on the FZ10, improving power and ride ability all across the RPM range.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the flash tune along with the active tune and Graves EVR exhaust on My FZ10 and R1, I couldn't be more pleased, It made a huge difference on the FZ10, improving power and ride ability all across the RPM range.
Exactly what I was hoping to hear. I will be biting this bulletin soon. Thanks Harry.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Let me know if the gas mileage improves with the active tune hooked up. I got the EVR graves exhaust also and the 2wheeldynoworks upgraded flash tune. Im sure a dyno tune would be best, but the cost of it is almost the cost of the active tune controller?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'd agree that it's around the same price to dyno tune it, as it is the flash tune kit. But the ability to tweak it as many time as I want for one charge is great In my mind. Pair that with the active tuner and it sounds like a good plan to me! I'll be ordering them both soon!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Installed them both earlier, it was very easy. Great customer service. And I'll tell you it's a solid product, I'm very happy with it. Write up coming soon.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Installed them both earlier, it was very easy. Great customer service. And I'll tell you it's a solid product, I'm very happy with it. Write up coming soon.
So we haven't heard back from you on the feed back. I was wondering how things were going with this set up, looking to make the plunge this winter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have active tune on my MT too.
I got the old O2 collars removed from my link pipe and 12mm ones welded on to take the bigger O2 sensors.
Bike doesn't stink of un burnt fuel on idle now. It doesn't pop back and the engine braking has been backed off.
I would bring your attention to something.
Dominic Klein from Germany has eliminated the snatching from the throttle on his 10.Suggest you read his article in Performance bike magazine for the August/September edition of Performance bikes magazine.
It's there where the answer lies.
Very radical move what he's done , and far removed from what the topic is about but at the bottom of it all,the solution is there and most of the control problems with the standard 10 are down to budget,quality and restrictions for each country the bike is supplied to.Euro 4 being an example.
FT ECU is much better than standard programming but if i'm honest it's not the be all and end all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts