Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loaded her up and took a 5-day trip up the coast to Laguna Seca for 3 awesome days of racing with World Superbike & MotoAmerica. Fantastic stuff! Here's a few pics. Sorry for the thumnail images, Photobucket is no longer working for me. Anyone know of another way to post up large images?

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
Loaded her up and took a 5-day trip up the coast to Laguna Seca for 3 awesome days of racing with World Superbike & MotoAmerica. Fantastic stuff! Here's a few pics. Sorry for the thumnail images, Photobucket is no longer working for me. Anyone know of another way to post up large images?
Photobucket sucks now with what they want to charge. Use :

https://imgur.com/

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Photobucket sucks now with what they want to charge. Use :
https://imgur.com/
that was very helpful! thanks

That sounds like an awesome fun right there! Any highlights or lowlights of the trip?
highlights; picture below :grin2:

Seriously it was the full-day ride up the 101 coast highway,
Being able watch each race from a different corner on the track, there are 11 turns and all of which are available for the fans to get to, and it meant more to me since I had just ridden the track about 3wks ago
And I had FULL access to all parts of the paddock & pits (just not hot-pit lane)
and probably my biggest thrill was meeting for the first time King Kenny Roberts as he & his son & Wayne Rainey did Q& A. I had met Wayne before but never Kenny, and I grew up watching him race.
And getting around a crowded Monterey town on 1-lane hwy was super easy on the bike.
Lows: Leaving Monerey at 6am and it was 51deg for the 1st hour ride and stayed cold for the first half of the trip back down South.
Had to stop for gas every 120miles, 100 when I was riding hard and doing wheelies..

oh and here's a pic I took of Jonathan Rea in the Corkscrew

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Forgot to mention, when I was on that long trip riding up the coast I used the cruise control A LOT, it works awesome.
And as I got bored looking for something to do I see how far I could go with no hands.
Got pretty good at steering the bike with my legs and a little body english, went miles at a time before grabbing the bars again.
Anyone try this?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Going miles like that, you definitely were bored haha. What were your idle hands doing at that point !?
well I had gloves on so that leaves anything creative out :grin2:
mostly I had them on the gas tank right about where your inner thighs would hit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts