Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the black one yesterday. Aside from a dirt bike about 20 years ago this is my first bike. Haven't crashed it yet. Not scared of it at all. Taking it very slow and watching the break-in. Having such a great time with it.

The traction control is probably helping me a lot. For that I'm thankful. I can't wait to take the traction control off and get it out of STD mode. I have a feeling I'm a ways off on all of that.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Congrats on the FZ-10. Brave move on this as a first bike, I usually see people go for smaller bikes when getting into the game or back in the game.

Keep us posted on how things go. Have you started to look at aftermarket mods and/or accessories?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tons of research, test sitting, and angry faces from friends led me to this bike. I also did the safety course. I should say I knew this bike was the one from the moment I sat on it. Anything after was just to make sure I wasn't crazy.

If I had to lay out a game plan for mods it would be something like: luggage/comfort -> exhaust/tuning -> cosmetic.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Lol, why the angry faces? I'd be too scared to get the fz-10 as my frist bike. Started with a 300cc instead.

I think Yamaha has a rear luggage rack for the fz-10, after that you can just grab whatever luggage carrier you want from the aftermarket.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Angry friends? They must be friends that either see themselves as either too old to ride or still stuck on 250's :D

Surprised to not see you mention a fender eliminator, for me that will be the absolute first thing to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts