Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Has anyone experienced some of the yellow from the rim on your cleaning rag? I did a nice deep clean on the rear this weekend and was kind of shocked to see yellow on my rag.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has anyone experienced some of the yellow from the rim on your cleaning rag? I did a nice deep clean on the rear this weekend and was kind of shocked to see yellow on my rag.
I did see someone else mention this when they used a fairly harsh cleaner to do the rims. Personally I've been using either Spirit Bike Cleaner or McGuire's waterless cleaner with wax and so far no paint residue.

·
Registered
172 Posts
One detailer I knew used steam to clean his wheels, although it worked sometimes and to a certain extent. In some cases the wheel would come clean completely.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've been using Motul Wash and Wax for the past few years on several bikes (spray it on a rag before touching the rim to ensure I don't get it on the tire) and it works great! I have used WD40 to get off wheel weight glue when changing tires and haven't noticed paint/powdercoat transfer there either.

What were you using to 'deep clean' the rims that you noticed the color transfer?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts