Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I picked up my FZ on Saturday I was lucky and missed the storm we had by about 10 minutes tops. Just today I finally had my chance to ride some and here are my impressions.

1. The motor is amazing, while I am being good about the recommended break in by not going above the max rpm it's been very hard to not want to do so.

2. Reminds me of a big block muscle car in both sound and the way it pulls. For those of you that have driven or ridden in one I think you'll agree. That cross plane configuration is really different but good.

3. I used to think my Ducati got allot of attention when parked but today I think I may have talked more then road. Had a crowd around it when I came out of my friend's pub in town (diet coke only) :)

Everyone has nothing by great things to say about the bike which is always fun.

4. Very very surprised at two things. First the comfort of the stock seat. I was in it for around 1 1/2 hours today in mixed driving and don't even feel like I was on a bike.

Second I don't know how they did this but there is an amazing lack of wind turbulence with the stock set up. Drove a bit a 90mph on a deserted back road and the wind I did get was not a problem.

I know people have complained about the mirrors and gas mileage and there I do agree the mirrors would be better on bar ends, and the gas mileage is worse then my Honda Fit but I'm not complaining there I don't mind the gas when something is as much fun as this bike is.

In closing this is one of very few bikes I have owned over the years that really delivered for me personally. There was always something lacking on others but for me this is a perfect fit.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thanks for that great write-up. I can only imagine what a celebrity you felt like at the pub there, I know I would ;)

Glad that you're really enjoying it though, it's great to hear when someone get's a bike that speaks to them.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Great review! The FZ-10 is sure to get more attention on the street because of its unique design. Not saying Ducati bikes aren't great looking because they are, but they're more common that the transformer that is the FZ-10.

I guess all those ridges and lines on the fairing may be what's reducing the wind turbulence.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Great review! The FZ-10 is sure to get more attention on the street because of its unique design. Not saying Ducati bikes aren't great looking because they are, but they're more common that the transformer that is the FZ-10.

I guess all those ridges and lines on the fairing may be what's reducing the wind turbulence.
More attention too because its a Japanese bike and people typically have more confidence in these than in bikes from other bike makers, So when you have have this good styling along with all the other good things...its a big WIN

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More attention too because its a Japanese bike and people typically have more confidence in these than in bikes from other bike makers, So when you have have this good styling along with all the other good things...its a big WIN
Totally agree especially considering that Yamaha is still in the number one slot for reliability out of all others per Consumer Reports.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Totally agree especially considering that Yamaha is still in the number one slot for reliability out of all others per Consumer Reports.
It good to be the KING!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts