Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost done with the real carbon fiber make over. Got the right side done. I have four more pieces left on the left side to go.Here's the right side so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Where did you order these pieces from? Does it install with 3m double sided tape?
The swing arm and frame covers are from over seas. The engine covers,front fender and rear hugger are from here in the USA. All of them match . They look much better in the bright light than in that pic. The swing arm covers stay on with the glue they send you and I used tie straps to hold them on for the 24 hours suggested, they aint coming off. The frame covers are half and half. The front portion of the covers are held on with the plastic covers you take off and the rear section I used the glue they send you and tie wrapped them tight also for 24 hrs. I used spare socks to protect the finish when useing the tie wraps not to scratch the shiny carbon fiber. I removed the tie wraps after the glue cures. Of course the engine covers don't come with longer bolts. I got my stainless steel allen head bolts from fastner supply. They had what I needed no problem. Just go on ebay and type in YAMAHA FZ10 CARBON FIBER and drain the checking account,lol. Hope this helps.:nerd:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts