Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here you'll find about 30+ photos of the MT-10/FZ-10 which covers just about everything about it that you need to see. In the coming weeks and months we should be seeing some more of it in the wild and in the hands of journalists:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Most owners will dread the day they have to wipe the remains of bugs off the fairing and windshield. The individual pieces looks great but they're going to be a beast to clean.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most owners will dread the day they have to wipe the remains of bugs off the fairing and windshield. The individual pieces looks great but they're going to be a beast to clean.
It's not a problem as long as you take the correct preventative measures and follow-up's to make clean up a breeze, or at least much easier than having done nothing preventative at all.

Protecting the paint with protective vinyl, opti coat, or whatever and following that up with a wax will go a long way.

·
Registered
269 Posts
It's not a problem as long as you take the correct preventative measures and follow-up's to make clean up a breeze, or at least much easier than having done nothing preventative at all.

Protecting the paint with protective vinyl, opti coat, or whatever and following that up with a wax will go a long way.
That's the key. You can't prevent it. But you can totally make it a great deal easier to clean off by prepping it properly.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great pictures. Going to miss the days of having an analog tach but this move over to digital here seems like one of the better out of the most recent.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Apparently from an article I read on March 1st, 2016. The MT-10 Tracer is not going to be happening unfortunately :(
I called it 'tracer' because it seemed appropriate...maybe bad choice of words since its the official Yamaha terminology for their touring nakeds.

With all the 4 following options from Yamaha found on their website, you got a 'Tracer' :rolleyes:

- touring screen B67-F83J0-00-00

- hand guards B67-F85F0-00-00

- saddle bags B67-1FSSC-00-00

- comfort seat B67-247C0-00-00

There's even heated grips and 12V outlet.

Or did Yamaha decide to remove those accessories?

Here a pdf of Yamaha France with all options
https://www2.yamaha-motor.fr/actu/IMG/pdf/Catalogue_accessoires.pdf

Ps: where is the link to the article about a so called MT-10 Tracer?
Edit: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2016/march/no-yamaha-mt-10-tracer-planned/

Great pictures. Going to miss the days of having an analog tach but this move over to digital here seems like one of the better out of the most recent.
very true

however, a thought out combo is my personal preference.
The best I've seen is that of the retro CB1100

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's a bit too extreme and bulk to me but what I do prefer that offers a good blend of both is everything digital except for the RPM gauge, seen that in some recent bikes and it provides the perfect medium.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Always thought tinted shield was the way to go and in those pictures you can see the FZ-10 has a tinted shield. Looks much better than clear especially on the color scheme seen above.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Always thought tinted shield was the way to go and in those pictures you can see the FZ-10 has a tinted shield. Looks much better than clear especially on the color scheme seen above.
Most definitely ! I love how it cleans the look up completely, keeps it looking as a complete package and not something that sticks out. Very Natural

1 - 18 of 18 Posts