Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/act/6237772153.html

It's not so easy finding other folks to ride with anymore. All my good rising buddies from ~6 years ago are all MIA. I've been attempting to track them down but to no avail.
Oh well, I thought this might be worth a shot. :|
P.S., I'll do my best to conceal my dry sense of humor. :smile2:

·
Registered
306 Posts
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/act/6237772153.html

It's not so easy finding other folks to ride with anymore. All my good rising buddies from ~6 years ago are all MIA. I've been attempting to track them down but to no avail.
Oh well, I thought this might be worth a shot. :|
P.S., I'll do my best to conceal my dry sense of humor. :smile2:
Same here. I don't ride with hardleys which is what most own where I live. I don't ride with trikes or slingshots and the pure sport bike guys are only interested who is the fastest in the turnes up here . The duel sport guys are mostly retired and I'm not yet,got 6.2 years to go for that. They like to ride and then sit around talking for hours.So I ride by myself or with my girlfriend. All my old rideing buddies ride cruisers and dont like any thing like what I ride.Good thing I'm a leader and not a follower, lol.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The only thing I chuckled at was, where I'm from at least, hooking up means meeting with someone for a one-night-stand type of ordeal. Like a random hook-up.

But other than that, hey I think it's a good idea to meet some new people and just increase your social riders network in your area. You never know who you could meet!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yammyboy113, I hear you on the choice of riding selection. My 10 is a beast and a torque monster, so I don't want to keep trying to site a Hog in my rear view ~1.2 mile behind me. No disrespect to the laid back cruiser guys, but I didn't purchase a FZ10 to meet up for breakfast or brunch. I want to ride, and ride the living daylights out of my Roxie.

Also, I hear you loud and clear on the retirement. After being with HP for ~30 years, I retire this coming November 14th. Then I'll go into hiatus for 2 or 3 years and get back into the IT world.

Check out me on my way to the HP trenches early in the morning (attached). Hey, not too bad for 61. Never ever smoked anything, and drinking I always practiced strict moderation, but I never touch the stuff after I turned 1/2 a decade at 50; wife's orders, and I readily obliged my princess.

Alright Sporting, I changed it just for you.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/act/d/looking-for-fellow-motorcycle/6237772153.html

And believe me, I got nothing against folk's preferences when it comes to their "promiscuity" as I'm 100% alpha male baby! You could liken me as the "Dan Henderson" of the sportbike octagon community.

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Same here, never smoked ,did any drugs,I drank in moderation and when I did natural body building competitions I was poly graph tested before each show that I never did steriods. Now its paying off at 60+. I don't even dye my hair ,YET,LOL. I do however need to retire at 66.6. Its okay,SS is a **** of alot more money than it is at 62.6.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do however need to retire at 66.6. Its okay,SS is a **** of alot more money than it is at 62.6.
Sounds good Mr. Yam (you perv with those very offensive moto license plate names that you conjure up, shame).
:wink2:
At HP with my advanced college education (~30 years ago earned my Ph.D. at U.C.S.D. in mathematics and computer science) they've been paying me a very healthy 6-figure salary, and at the ripe "old age" of 62, a 6-figure retirement fund will follow.

SCHWEET & SCHWING! Hello and lookout November, I'm coming to get me a 2018 Ducati Monster 1200 R or, a Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Djair, all fiery red (to compliment my beloved M.R.B. Roxie) free and clear.
:grin2:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Bummer. I am a loner over here. I occasionally ride with two others, but not often. Tried linking up on a few larger(10+) group rides, but those always get pretty stupid, so I stray away from that now. If San Diego is small at 1.4 million, I live in a village of 500k here, haha. Good luck.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'm another that definitely doesn't do "group" rides. The ones I did try were not much fun and were more work then anything else. Mandatory this and mandatory that, staying in formation, etc etc, was really dumb to me for the most part. Poker runs can be fun since your on your own for the most part, but many other ones are just a drag.

My best rides always end up just me, myself & I on a deserted country road with little or zero traffic and good weather.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts