Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone familiar with the Broomfield/Boulder/North Denver area? There is a possibility I may be relocating to that area. I am curious if there is anyone here that may give thoughts on the places NOT to live, or just an opinion on the surrounding areas. I have read great things about, but th ecost of living seems to be elevated.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I did live in the Denver area many many years ago, but it has changed so much over time. I would recommend checking out the neighborhood scout site, they usually have some good resources for what you may want to avoid.

By the way if you ever get the chance, visit Steamboat Springs Colorado. Not really close to Denver, but I almost decided to settle there.

Here's the scout link:

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/co/denver/crime

·
Registered
385 Posts
Be sure to keep us updated on what you find, I'm actually quite interested.
@DaveInWoodland , if you don't mind me asking, why didn't you choose to settle there?
I was so broke that I had to get work through an agency in Denver and then ended up being so hungry that I took a bet to drink an entire bottle of Seagrams straight as fast as I could.

Lucky to still be here after that. But I got the 20.00 for food that I gave to my traveling partners and then had to have a relative come out from California to pick me up since I got so sick from that stupid stunt. Being eighteen wasn't the greatest for me at the time.

True story. (1975)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far, I have only read that Aurora and Commerce City are the places to avoid, and west of I-25 because of traffic. Housing prices seem extremely inflated all around the Denver metro area. Not sure how long they could sustain that level. There is a great School district in Adams county that is claimed to have a significant level of 5 star PUBLIC schools.

Boulder is way too expensive, and will not be an option unless I find a foreclosure on a home.

The wife and I should both be flying out there for some interviews in the next few weeks. I can at least get a feel for some of the metro areas then.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I flew up to Denver last Thursday/Friday for a few interviews. All went well(I think...) and I was able to drive around a small percentage of the area. The housing prices seem to be a little more reasonable the further east you travel, but the commute starts to get longer as well. I would have to say Westminster may be the best location for my needs. I read they have 48% of their city land dedicated to open space with no plans of changing it, which is pretty awesome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts