Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was stoked when I locked in & paid for the personal plate YAMFZ10. Been waiting for the notice that it has come in, instead I got a letter that it has been rejected for being a "common swear word" (see the letter below where I made the red star) WTF??!

·
Registered
385 Posts
What a bunch of idiots, it's been over two months now and I still haven't received my plates from them as well. Heard they were being audited and are backed up 90 days. Love that last paragraph too, what kind of moron thinks that your request was profane, obscene or repulsive? Must be a Ducati owner.

·
Registered
306 Posts
So I was stoked when I locked in & paid for the personal plate YAMFZ10. Been waiting for the notice that it has come in, instead I got a letter that it has been rejected for being a "common swear word" (see the letter below where I made the red star) WTF??!

Fight it,I had a plate on my 113 cu in Raider that I had to fight for three times. The third time I called the state DMV and talked to the head person. seems that they told me that three people in the higher ups vote for the plate in GA. My plate I ordered was NHD4ME. which means, no hardley davidson for me.' They said it was a sexual suggestion. I talked to the manager at the main dmv and said I bet one of the three persons voting for my plate own's a harley and doesen't like it. And by the way, I can probably make a sexual suggestion with any licence plate out there if I wanted too. The manager said, you win and your rite, I will pass it thru. That was the second time in my life I had a plate rejected. I have had MANY private plates since 1983 on my cars and bikes. The first plate that was rejected was in NJ on my 1981 Corvette. it said, SOUDOTO. It means, so you do too. meaning I always had the last word. Well after three rejections by mail because it was obseen I called trenton DMV. I talked with a manager there and explained I take my vette to many shows and I always get, man your Vette is beautiful and I would reply ,SOUDOTO to their vehicle. Then I told the manager that if you want obseen then type in LBSALT in your computer as this is a NJ plate on a blue Caddy Eldorado I just seen on the NJ turnpike., she did. She YUP its on a blue Caddy. She said so what.I said that LBSALT in Italian means, shove a pound of salt up your ASS. She said oh my, so she said I can have my plate and she will be taking that LBSALT away from the caddy owner,LOL. Hey, gotta do whats rite. So make a call and fight for it.:wink2:

Reactions: racer172

·
Registered
385 Posts
I think Yammyboy has the right idea. Maybe go in and explain to the nice folks at the DMV that your plate is nothing my the first three letters of the manufacturer and then the model number. Maybe once they see that the light bulb will come on over their head and they'll realize what is going on.

So they didn't allow that yet I know of a circumstance were a tavern owner in California was able to have "****" on one vehicle and "tails" on his wife's car so when they were parked side by side it said cocktails, but they won't approve YAMFZ10?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think Yammyboy has the right idea. Maybe go in and explain to the nice folks at the DMV that your plate is nothing my the first three letters of the manufacturer and then the model number.
Already did, I called and spoke with a women (and she spoke English as her 1st language!) and she agreed with me but said there's no way around it, I have to send a letter of appeals in and state my case, so I did w/Pics of my bike. At least she gave me the direct address & office to mail it to. I'll let you guys know what the verdict is.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Already did, I called and spoke with a women (and she spoke English as her 1st language!) and she agreed with me but said there's no way around it, I have to send a letter of appeals in and state my case, so I did w/Pics of my bike. At least she gave me the direct address & office to mail it to. I'll let you guys know what the verdict is.
We all rooting for ya!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Approved!

So my appeals letter was read and they reversed their original decision and approved my plate request for YAMFZ10
I'll post up a pic when the plate arrives (in 6 months)..
If you are interested in the details here is the letter I just received:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good for you!

Reading through this it made absolutely no sense that they wouldn't let you have the plate. I couldn't even imagine what kind of a swear word they were thinking (and I have been pretty creative in that department myself).

Glad to see somehow/someway there's still humans with a bit of sense from time to time.

·
Registered
98 Posts
So I was stoked when I locked in & paid for the personal plate YAMFZ10. WTF??!

My friend, don't you realize that they are showing respect for the endangered root vegetable, the "YAM"?

They're just holding you to a higher standard because of the elite superior status of your FZ-10.

You might give "DOMYZ10" a shot.

Dude, all aside what "less" cold you expect from their dumbasses.

·
Registered
56 Posts
When I ordered this one :

They asked what it meant at the tag office and I told the lady that MY meant MINE and FZ10 meant the model of the bike and she said "Ok, that's fine". She made the decision on the spot. I had to write down 3 choices on a little square of paper with the order that I wanted them in if one were not available. All 3 were available and MYFZ10 was my first choice. I also had 17FZ10 and YAMAHA.

Reactions: racer172

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice plate, now don't try to run from the cops, super easy for them to remember your plate :D
I think it would be REALLY hard for any cop to read this plate on the fly, I think it would take camera technology. I'm not too worried about it, I wouldn't let them get close enough to read it anyway.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I think it would be REALLY hard for any cop to read this plate on the fly, I think it would take camera technology. I'm not too worried about it, I wouldn't let them get close enough to read it anyway.
You have a point, distance is key and lucky for us its easy to see cops from a far distance away. Some of my buddies even lane split just to maintain distance. Lucky in North America there aren't as many bike cops.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts