Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my seemingly endless search for a suitable storage alternative I was looking at the Givi system that seems to be available for the FZ-10.

It's a bit pricey in my opinion, but with no real other good options at the moment it seems to be one of the few that are made specifically for the bike.

Anyone have them or know of them and if so are they worth the cost?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Wish I could help, but I don't know anyone who has purchased anything from them. Best suggestion I can give is to read customer reviews from online stores like Revzilla and see what they say.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Shad

I have the Shad setup. They look better IMO, are built well, they are cheaper and they can hold a full face helmet (I don't think the Givi can). I have a Givi top box as well and have had many Givi setups in the past and they are very well built also.

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have the Shad setup. They look better IMO, are built well, they are cheaper and they can hold a full face helmet (I don't think the Givi can). I have a Givi top box as well and have had many Givi setups in the past and they are very well built also.

Boy your bike is just begging for my Graves slipon carbon fiber slipon muffler I have for sale here.lol.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do they come as a complete install kit with mounts etc, and where did you get them? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE. I went ahead and ordered them online from SHAD direct since that seemed to be the best option after looking for other sellers they were actually less expensive even considering the 69.00 shipping charge :(

Thanks for the info, it helped me decide on something that will work well for me and was significantly less then the Givis. I'm guessing the mount install isn't too bad from what I saw on their website. The bags actually remind me of the ones that were on my 2009 Concours 14 the way they attach.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mounting is a piece of cake. Takes about 1/2 an hour. The bike I had before this was a 2012 Concours 14. The mounting is similar. You will like them, they are well-made. Enjoy!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Shad bags

UPDATE. I went ahead and ordered them online from SHAD direct since that seemed to be the best option after looking for other sellers they were actually less expensive even considering the 69.00 shipping charge :(
Can't wait to see the pictures when you're done. I'm trying to sell my 2014 Concours so that I can replace it with the FZ-10, and I'm already shopping for accessories. lol

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can't wait to see the pictures when you're done. I'm trying to sell my 2014 Concours so that I can replace it with the FZ-10, and I'm already shopping for accessories. lol
I'll post it once I receive and install. Loved my Concours during the time I owned it but the FZ-10 is a whole different animal that just begs to be ridden.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm coming from a 2014 Connie that had hard bags on it, and I liked them because they locked. But that's not the case with the softbags, right? There's really no way to keep the contents secure when you're away from the bike unless I'm missing something.

Any input would be great.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I forgot to ask if you also did the bag inserts? I don't think I'll be needing them since I'm done with overnighters and trips on the bike of more then a day anyway but was curious if you decided on them.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bags finally arrived, took that company forever!. Nice quality product though, mounts are amazingly thick and sturdy. Does give it a Euro MT-10 look, but now I can sneak up on unsuspecting cruiser riders :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Are they heavy enough to drastically affect how it rides? Sometimes it's not the bags that are the culprit, but the mounting rack.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Are they heavy enough to drastically affect how it rides? Sometimes it's not the bags that are the culprit, but the mounting rack.
Haven't notice really any noticeable difference, except it really hasn't been windy the last couple of days so I am curious about the difference then if any when it is since they do add a wide profile.

Also I hear you on the mounts, these mounts if anything are over engineered powder coated heavy steel. Give you great confidence in their strength, the bags themselves are fairly light, a bit lighter then my old Concours 14 bags and just as easy to remove too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bags finally arrived, took that company forever!. Nice quality product though, mounts are amazingly thick and sturdy. Does give it a Euro MT-10 look, but now I can sneak up on unsuspecting cruiser riders :)

Nice! Yes they did take forever to ship mine also. Shipping department needs a little work....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts