Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at the very limited selection of side stand foot extenders since I personally don't trust the stock size one unless under perfect conditions but the available choices out there get mixed reviews.

I carry a pad with me but they can be a pain to use or get left behind.

Anyone else leary of the stock side stand?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I usually carry one of those thick plastic pads with me. But this option below from R&G has decent reviews. Revzilla has them (sorry can't link because my post count is low)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I usually carry one of those thick plastic pads with me. But this option below from R&G has decent reviews. Revzilla has them (sorry can't link because my post count is low)
That was one of the ones I am considering. The only other one was some podunk one on Amazon that got horrible reviews. Now I just have to convince myself to spend the money on the R&G one.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So quick delivery on the side stand pad but I had to send of a question to R&G about stress on the front screw. The only way that the clamp part of the system would fit was with pressure taken off the side stand itself. The clamp is kind of like a triangle that goes over the existing foot shape but in a parked situation with the weight of the bike the front portion of the clamp would not be able to be secured.

Once weight was removed the clamp fit perfectly and was installed but what I am wondering about is the stress/pressure put on the clamp on the tip of the mounting plate. The screws are relatively small and are threaded into the aluminum base plate. I used blue loctite as some insurance and the quality of the part is very high so I am hoping for the best. It definitely does what I want in giving the side stand a bigger foot print and should work well in gravel and other sketchy areas. I guess time will tell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts