Yamaha FZ-10 Forum banner

Am I a bad person?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  yamimoto 
#1 ·
I'm past the age of caring about most things in life except for some reason arrogant Harley riders. Today at my friends pub I had stopped in for a quick beer before continuing on my ride and there were three riders in there as well that were doing the same.

They were ok for the most part except for one guy that said his full dresser never got above 120 degrees F in 105 degree heat. I told him that was great. He didn't really bad mouth my bike or anything.

When we left the pub we happened to leave together and were headed in the same direction on a real rural country road (well maintained for our area) and they preceded to cut people off and shoot ahead of what little traffic there was.

I took my time and passed people both legally and safely to get back behind them after a couple of miles and there was a great open stretch of road that was passable so I wound up the FZ and passed them just because I wanted to. No other reason. They tried their best but as you know no contest there.

One of the riders out of the three that came to a stop next to me gave me a fist bump, so I guess he was ok with it but his other two friends were not as cordial. Anyway I know at my age I shouldn't take pleasure out of such a thing but I smiled all the way home from where I was.

Is that a bad thing that took such enjoyment out of doing that?

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I'm past the age of caring about most things in life except for some reason arrogant Harley riders. Today at my friends pub I had stopped in for a quick beer before continuing on my ride and there were three riders in there as well that were doingh the same.

They were ok for the most part except for one guy that said his full dresser never got above 120 degrees F in 105 degree heat. I told him that was great. He didn't really bad mouth my bike or anything.

When we left the pub we happened to leave together and were headed in the same direction on a real rural country road (well maintained for our area) and they preceded to cut people off and shoot ahead of what little traffic there was.

I took my time and passed people both legally and safely to get back behind them after a couple of miles and there was a great open stretch of road that was passable so I wound up the FZ and passed them just because I wanted to. No other reason. They tried their best but as you know no contest there.

One of the riders out of the three that came to a stop next to me gave me a fist bump, so I guess he was ok with it but his other two friends were not as cordial. Anyway I know at my age I shouldn't take pleasure out of such a thing but I smiled all the way home from where I was.

Is that a bad thing that took such enjoyment out of doing that?
Well It's no secret where I live in my rv resort and my old Star Touring club that I litterly hate hardley able too bikes and any thing with a hd logo on it. I've taken enough crap from hd riders and so called friends who own them in the last 43 years. I gave up my last cruiser, a 2014 ,113 cu inch Raider and now back on my naked sport bike. I have owned both style bikes at the same time in my garages over the years and it's always the same bull crap that I have to defend myself on why I rather have a Bigger Yamaha air cooled v twinn and not a hardley. It's a long story and it's personnel. Why hd riders can't understand that people can own other brand v twinn cruiser and be loyal to that brand is beyond me. Hardley did NOT invent the v twinn, they just imortilized it.Any way I do not ride with hardleys or get involved in any thing that brand is putting on. Since I got my FZ10 I feel like a ton of weight is now off my Chest and I now don't have to explain myself to them why I would rather have a 460lb,160Hp, $11,000.00 hap bike over a $20,000.00,750lb,70hp hardley.IMHOP.

Reactions: DaveInWoodland
#6 ·
With the rise of dash cams on cars I hope people like that get caught for riding like that. Soon enough cars will come with them built in (self driving cars). I know in the city folks would be more likely to report something like this on camera, further out, not so much. At least now Harley rider demographics are changing ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.